Health Insurance prices in Argentina

Rich One

Registered
$100 (blue rate) per month gets you really good health insurance for use in clinics and pharmacies and hospitals. There is also a public option that is mostly overrun and out of everything minus numbered queue tickets.
It's great to be young ...Health Insurance Plans for senior retired expats , can run perhaps 3 times more . Just saying.
Check Britanico, Aleman, Italiano

It's great to be young ...Health Insurance Plans for senior retired expats , can run perhaps 3 times more . Just saying.
Check Britanico, Aleman, Italiano
I doubt private health insurance will accept anyone 65 or older

I saw an orthopedic surgeon yesterday in Recoleta. 6000 pesos. That is not a misprint. 6000.

The insurance company will insure folks over 65 but the price is high. Considering the current economy, it will not be expensive on certain currency terms. However, one must note that events are cyclical in Argentina, which means do not count on that cost 10 years ahead. Costs of all items s could be much higher. and they will probably go up at some point.

At 69 my latest Hospital Italiano monthly bill was $40,000p. Relatively cheap via the Blue dollar.
Before I turned 65 and went on US Medicare, my monthly "retail" amount would have been a minimum of $1500 a month for Bronze coverage in the USA. Thats still with a pretty hefty deductible, and copays on various things. I actually qualified for Obamacare, so my actual payment was in the $400USD a month range.
Whats that- about 115,000 pesos a month?

Before I turned 65 and went on US Medicare, my monthly "retail" amount would have been a minimum of $1500 a month for Bronze coverage in the USA. Thats still with a pretty hefty deductible, and copays on various things. I actually qualified for Obamacare, so my actual payment was in the $400USD a month range.
Whats that- about 115,000 pesos a month?
If you don't have a job that provides health care in the US and don't qualify for Medicaid by virtue of being low income, health care is very expensive in the US but at age 65 everyone is covered with Medicare which for all intents and purposes is socialized medicine allowing you to use any hospital. Therefore, a US citizen in Argentina has to pay for health care that is provided virtually free in the US. I know someone here said that the health care companies will accept people 65 or over but I've heard otherwise so maybe there is someone here 65 or older who has successfully applied for and been accepted after age 65 who could tell us how it worked and what the costs are.

How old were you when you applied for the plan?
I sought private medical coverage in CABA at the age of 69. I heard age 70 is the upper limit for new enrollees. Hospital Aleman declined coverage due to my age, and also one other group whose name I have since forgotten. This was back in 2019. Hospital Italiano required a blood test, and OK'd my enrollment. I was metabolicly healthy, not obese, no hypertension. I pay more than 40K pesos a month now. So 4K pesos a months for another individual is shocking and perplexing for me.

Back