Hello, My Name Is John...

50 K a year? Please come to live with me!!!Well, as a native Argie and Us citizen too, I can see the issue more clearly.
First, you could also move close by to little Uruguay, which is more stable and democratic, Chile is another good possibility too.
Yes things could be better with other type of government, but corruption will not affect people like you or me, it is for big fishes only. With that income you can live like a king here, believe me. Even with half of that you can live here.
Some provinces are better managed than others. I could recommend San Luis ,with an excellent climate and good officials. Misiones,(near Brazil) may be a sub-tropical little paradise too. And crime is no issue in smaller towns or cities.

50 K a year? Please come to live with me!!!Well, as a native Argie and Us citizen too, I can see the issue more clearly.
First, you could also move close by to little Uruguay, which is more stable and democratic, Chile is another good possibility too.
Yes things could be better with other type of government, but corruption will not affect people like you or me, it is for big fishes only. With that income you can live like a king here, believe me. Even with half of that you can live here.
Some provinces are better managed than others. I could recommend San Luis ,with an excellent climate and good officials. Misiones,(near Brazil) may be a sub-tropical little paradise too. And crime is no issue in smaller towns or cities.
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Uruguay is expensive[/background]

First, you could also move close by to little Uruguay, which is more stable and democratic,

Would you mind if I ask you to explain me whats not democratic in Argentina? From my concern, I thought CFK won with 54% of the votes, to 17% the second, without needing ballotage, and everyone recognised that victory (not fraud claims). And even if she could govern by decree she sends every single law to the parlament, to the congress, to debate. We can watch on tv most of those debates, something that many governments world wide hide on purpose. And if in the parlament the desired kirchnerist law do not work, they accept the defeat, like happened with famous 125.

So, to sum up, in my 36 years this is the most democratic government I saw in this country. Thats why I dont know what people are talking about when they say this is a dictatorship or similar.

Would you mind if I ask you to explain me whats not democratic in Argentina? From my concern, I thought CFK won with 54% of the votes, to 17% the second, without needing ballotage, and everyone recognised that victory (not fraud claims). And even if she could govern by decree she sends every single law to the parlament, to the congress, to debate. We can watch on tv most of those debates, something that many governments world wide hide on purpose. And if in the parlament the desired kirchnerist law do not work, they accept the defeat, like happened with famous 125.

So, to sum up, in my 36 years this is the most democratic government I saw in this country. Thats why I dont know what people are talking about when they say this is a dictatorship or similar.
You are crazy.
First of all,democracy is much more than elections,.and the 54% was with fraud.
When you try to co opt the justice branch of the state is not a democracy,is at the minimu,an authoritharian government.
Second,thins government tried to close all of the independent media
She doesnt need to use decrees,she has a majority,she uses congress as a rubberstamp (an escribania,in spanish)
In your 36 years,you have learned nothing,it seems.
The most democratic government,has been,the one with alfonsin,and later,de la rua,even menem,had better democratic credentials than this band of thiefs.

Sadly your knowledge of democracy is lacking.

Democracy is severely devalued without independent institutions.

Thanks to FpV we have lost the independence of the judiciary, the central bank is an extension of the government finance department and the military and civil services are staffed by political appointees.

State media is a propaganda tool, not that the opposition media is much better.

Argentina is a democractic country with a constitution that should protect the independence of the state institutions, unfortunately for FpV total control is more important than true constitutional democracy.

Clocks ticking.

Sadly your knowledge of democracy is lacking.

Democracy is severely devalued without independent institutions.

Thanks to FpV we have lost the independence of the judiciary, the central bank is an extension of the government finance department and the military and civil services are staffed by political appointees.

State media is a propaganda tool, not that the opposition media is much better.

Argentina is a democractic country with a constitution that should protect the independence of the state institutions, unfortunately for FpV total control is more important than true constitutional democracy.

Clocks ticking.
You forgot to mention,that Milansi is spiying on us all,violating the rule of law as well.

like many have said ..come down and see if it is really for you... 3 months 6 months..... but if you have 4000 dollars a month you will live very well here..... do some research and think about the good and the bad... if living overseas was mostly on military bases with all the food and goodies... it might not be so great here after a year or two.... but it is all about the person....
but at 4000 US dollars a month... if you want to get out of the usa and try something new ... no harm to come down and see how it goes.... if you dont try it .. you will always wonder.... good luck in whatever you decide.... mexico is closer and ecuador is an option...

OMG, best advice is to live here 30 - 90 days. You will learn to love the USA again. Argentina is a Democracy and the people are getting what they voted for and deserve. Don't buy a house, the taxes will kill you.

Don't buy a house, the taxes will kill you.

Last year I paid less than $100 USD in property taxes in Argentina. I have 2500 sq. ft. of finished construction (one house and one outbuilding that I am converting to a guest house) on 2.5 acres.
emo32.gif

Your democracy is both corrupt and perverted Matias the result of those two facts means you live in a pseudo democracy. Currently folks like you vote for and support your Authoriterian which is a far cry from democracy. In return the Queen Bee grants you the wonderfully sinister but ever so sweet mind altering K Kool Aid propaganda. Ignorance is bliss Matias and that is what the Kool Aid is for... I hope one day you wake up.

Back