Help! Argentine boss not paying me, owes me 2,000 pesos.

Sylvia, that was the wrong threat! Tell him you will report him to both AFIP and Ministerio de Trabajo. That is not defamation but the truth that he is hiring illegally and not paying taxes. On top of that, any lawyer specialized in labor law will send him legal letters, etc and if possible sue him at not charge. The fact that you are illegal, doesn´t mean that you don´t have rights here.

Get a lawyer. That will get the point across. Make him pay for it.

nikad said:
Sylvia, that was the wrong threat! Tell him you will report him to both AFIP and Ministerio de Trabajo. That is not defamation but the truth that he is hiring illegally and not paying taxes. On top of that, any lawyer specialized in labor law will send him legal letters, etc and if possible sue him at not charge. The fact that you are illegal, doesn´t mean that you don´t have rights here.

Yes good advice. Tell them yo WILL report them unless they pay up, and promise to leave even if you do not. They are in more trouble than you.

This should be a warning to those who trust language schools. Many are okay, but the majority are run by swindlers. AAround the owrld, not just Argentina.

Got to love the "defamation" defence.

Report me for my criminal incompetence? I'll see you in court for this!

He told me to contact him on Wednesday so I can pass by and collect my money. Should I just wait or go ahead and go to El Ministerio del Trabajo, I am afraid he will just tell me that he still can't pay me on Wednesday.

SylviaM said:
He told me to contact him on Wednesday so I can pass by and collect my money. Should I just wait or go ahead and go to El Ministerio del Trabajo, I am afraid he will just tell me that he still can't pay me on Wednesday.

Be careful when you do this... just seems fishy. I'd bring a friend with you, if possible.

bradlyhale said:
Be careful when you do this... just seems fishy. I'd bring a friend with you, if possible.

You must contact a lawyer first. Don´t go without doing so. Of course you know he must pay you more than the 2000 pesos you think: 1 Per year you worked, 1 salary per year for aguinaldo if he didn´t pay it, plus vacation, about half a salary per year, plus 1 salary for the month of preaviso, plus the penalty of the AFIP, plus the penalty for hiring irregulars. So, don´t be fool.
Send me a pm I contact with the labor lawyer I work with the irregular cases:
Regards

I do not think he is up to anything nasty really, he must have figured it was best to pay than deal with AFIP, Min de Trabajo, and bad word of mouth and that you would be content with the amount owed and are not gonna ask for indemnization, etc

Back