Help! Argentine boss not paying me, owes me 2,000 pesos.

If somebody paid you for your services in negro they can not say after the fact that "you should have been monotributista". Some employers try to make their employees sign up as monotributista to avoid paying social security taxes and then they get sued. Someone employed by you on a regular basis, who works for you more than 8 - 10 hours per week every week can not be forced to consider themselves monotributista. Monotributo is for a service provider OR professional to bill their clients. Someone who employs you regularly is NOT considered a client in AFIP's or the Ministerio de Trabajo's eyes.

The guy (my former boss) told me to call him today - however, he is not picking up the phone. I am not unsure of what I should do.

I called, and he picked up. He told me to call him at 4 in the afternoon, so I can pass by around 6 oclock. Do you guys think he will follow through, or should I go report him instead?

SylviaM said:
I called, and he picked up. He told me to call him at 4 in the afternoon, so I can pass by around 6 oclock. Do you guys think he will follow through, or should I go report him instead?

He will most likely pay, however he might give you part of it ( some have that nerve ) What you do depends on what you want to do, how much you need that money, how lonng you are staying here, and how willing you are to go through reporting him or suing him. It is really a personal decision. At least now you know your rights and options. Btw, were you hired by them as an employee or you were supposed to invoice them?

Thanks Nikad,

I will let you guys know what happens.

Besos,
Sylvia

Sylvia, don't take the money if he's offering you less than what he owes you. If you take money and then decide to sue him, what you're entitled to is reduced.

Remember, you DO have rights here and if you're willing to spend a couple of months waiting for your cash you can get it and the additional "owed" that Bajo_cero outlined. Good luck!!

So I called him, and he told me that he is leaving me a check or also asked for bank account information. When I asked him for cash, he said he couldn't, but to pick up the check around 5 oclock today. What do you guys think, is he setting me up for a fake check?

Has he ever paid you with a check before? It's impossible to know if he's setting you up with a fake.

Nope he has never paid me with a check before. I asked him for cash and he mumbled something about not being able to do it. BUFF.....I guess the least I can do is go pick it up and deposit it, and then report him.

Back