Help need a blender that is able to crush ice!

mhenna11

Registered
Does anyone want to get rid of their used Philips blender or something that is able to handle ice? My blender broke and I am so sad about this because I really need my blender, I cannot afford to buy a new one. I am selling all of my things just to get one, they are very pricey now. If you out there have a used blender that crushes ice, too and want to sell it please PM me. I really would appreciate it.

I don't but I would warn you away from the Phillips. I have the multi-processor and every time I use the blender to crush ice to make a smoothie, it gets that burning smell. I wouldn't recommend it for heavy-duty use at all.

citygirl said:
I don't but I would warn you away from the Phillips. I have the multi-processor and every time I use the blender to crush ice to make a smoothie, it gets that burning smell. I wouldn't recommend it for heavy-duty use at all.

Just FYI. If this is a hand blender, you will break it if you keep using it to crush ice. I learned the hard way and actually read in the manual afterwards that they cannot crush ice. So I always use a meat hammer first, break the ice into smaller pieces, and then use the hand blender.

Here´s a low / no cost and environmentally friendly (no electricity needed) way to crush ice. It won´t get you snow cone quality, but it will get you nice small ice chips.
2 plastic verdulería bags (clean ones, of course)
20 Ice cubes.
Put ice cubes in bag and tie a sturdy knot at the top. Then throw bag with ice inside the bathtub about 10 times. Then open bag.......voilá! Crushed ice!

If there's any chance your current blender can be repaired, I'd advise you to try that first. The electronics here seem to be of a depressingly low quality. I was looking for a hand blender last month, and after not being able to find a Philips with attachments in any of the electronics stores, I gave up and bought a some local brand off mercadolibre. It broke within 2 weeks, while I was trying to puree boiled carrots.

I'm drinking a frozon mojito from a phillips blender right now. Excellent, unfortunately it belongs to my girlfriend and I can't afford one of my own either.

i used to buy Black and Decker blenders here. But I just looked at Falabella website, not one blender available! The same at Garbarino! What is this country coming to????

And I don't mean no B and D blenders, none of any make!! Going to check Coto now....

allcraz said:
Just FYI. If this is a hand blender, you will break it if you keep using it to crush ice. I learned the hard way and actually read in the manual afterwards that they cannot crush ice. So I always use a meat hammer first, break the ice into smaller pieces, and then use the hand blender.

No, not the hand blender. it's their food processor that also has the blender. This is the 2nd one. I find the food processor is good but the blender doesn't stand up to any type of hard work.

CarverFan - any type of household appliance is pretty much impossible to find. My friend has been looking for a good quality iron for months and can't find one. Imports aren't getting in and the local companies can't get it done for any number of reasons.

Viva Industria Argentina!:rolleyes:

Back