Help please... 90 day visa

Cheng

Registered
Hi,

I entered on May 19th and there is nothing stamped on my visa 90 days or 3 months. If I leave on the 18th of August, do I have to pay the 300 pesos over stay fees or am I okay? Please if you have experiences to help that would be so helpful. Thanks.

Edit : well counting the days it comes to 91 days not including august 18th, and 92 including it. Therefore yes, you should pay the fine but if you are lucky you won't

I am pretty sure from past experience and from second hand info the they will count it as 90 days if it does not say 3 months. They actually use their fingers and a paper calendar, and count the last entry day and the day you are there, they are not generous with the counting. On your given dates, you will have to pay.

Someone told me that overstayed his 90 welcome by 1 day and had to pay the fine. This happened a few weeks ago as he was about to depart on a cruise to Colonia.

Last time I went to Colonia, it was on the 90th day, and they did count using a paper calendar. I wasn't charged, though. You could be fine..

French jurist said:
Edit : well counting the days it comes to 91 days not including august 18th, and 92 including it. Therefore yes, you should pay the fine but if you are lucky you won't

FJ, May 18th should not be counted. However, I came up with a different result when I counted the days:

May: 13 days (19th-31st)
June: 30 days
July: 31 days
Aug: 18 days
Total: 92 days. Aug. 19th would be day 93.

So, if I leave on the 90th day, May 16th, I won't be fined? Thanks so much.

FrenchJurist, to clarify my previous post, Article 24 of the Arg. Civil Code states that a day is the entire interval that runs from midnight to midnight, and terms stated in days shall not be counted from moment to moment, nor by hours, but from midnight of the day it ends.

Art. 24. El día es el intervalo entero que corre de medianoche a medianoche; y los plazos de días no se contarán de momento a momento, ni por horas, sino desde la medianoche en que termina el día de su fecha.

mendozanow said:
I am pretty sure from past experience and from second hand info the they will count it as 90 days if it does not say 3 months. They actually use their fingers and a paper calendar, and count the last entry day and the day you are there, they are not generous with the counting. On your given dates, you will have to pay.

All terms in the Immigration law are stated in days, not months.

Hi, I'd like to thank everyone again on this thread who helped and gave advice. We went through yesterday and we were not charged! The custom agent did not even mention that we were late. So, maybe no time on the stamp means 3 months? We were very grateful.

Back