""HELP""Real Estate Mng company reference?

george5475 said:
Solerboy, to the best of your knowledge, how to I begin paying the 21% of taxes from the rental earnings from my rental property. As I mentioned I don't live in Argentina. Do I need to get a tax id number? If so, where should I start?

Thanks to all of you for your informative posts.

As a non resident you cannot register to pay taxes in your own name.

You will need a trusted person to act on your behalf. The person who acts on your behalf will need a CUIT (tax id number) . You may have a CUIT but they were discontinued for non residents a few years ago, and if you try to use it you will make things worse. It seems there may be some back taxes to pay, and so you will also need an accountant.

Reputable agencies should have been decucting the 21% before they sent you your payment. But as this hasnt arisen before it would seem they have not.

There will also be bienes personales (personal asset tax) if your property is worth more that 305,000 pesos. (purchase price x dollar rate at time of purchase). This is 1.25% per year.

If the agent you are now dealing with is deducting the 21% tax on your earnings you will only have to deal with the back taxes. But late payment of taxes attracts a penalty interest of 3% per month. So see an accounant as soon as you can. Do you have any close friends in Argentina? It is a big committment to take on someone elses tax problems.

In my experience real estate agents are interested in completing a sale and would not want to advise you on anything that would make you think twice about buying, also not everyone is familiar with the law relating to non residents.

um, if any of you fancy dealing directly with the tenant, I'm looking for somewhere... Clean, responsible, solvent, British woman in her thirties looking for somewhere for 12 months :) Do PM me if possible! Besos xx

solerboy said:
As a non resident you cannot register to pay taxes in your own name.

You will need a trusted person to act on your behalf. The person who acts on your behalf will need a CUIT (tax id number) . You may have a CUIT but they were discontinued for non residents a few years ago, and if you try to use it you will make things worse. It seems there may be some back taxes to pay, and so you will also need an accountant.

Reputable agencies should have been decucting the 21% before they sent you your payment. But as this hasnt arisen before it would seem they have not.

There will also be bienes personales (personal asset tax) if your property is worth more that 305,000 pesos. (purchase price x dollar rate at time of purchase). This is 1.25% per year.

If the agent you are now dealing with is deducting the 21% tax on your earnings you will only have to deal with the back taxes. But late payment of taxes attracts a penalty interest of 3% per month. So see an accounant as soon as you can. Do you have any close friends in Argentina? It is a big committment to take on someone elses tax problems.

In my experience real estate agents are interested in completing a sale and would not want to advise you on anything that would make you think twice about buying, also not everyone is familiar with the law relating to non residents.

Unfortunately solerboy, I do not have a family member or a very close friends in Argentina but my tenant has become a good friend of mine. I will feel bad to ask her but at this point I have no choice.

Solerboy, you and Steve seem to know quite a bit about these issues. Do you mind PMing me your contact for the simple sake of guidance. I know you guys may not be experts but a little guidance goes a long way especially for me now. Im knee deep it seems.

Thanks again.

Out of curiosity, how much does a property management agency charge for the service and what does it entitle?

Back