Here's my intro

Mercedes, I understand what you say offcourse but if you are not able to build up a middle class life here you are probally better off where you were before you came back.

Maybe you can also have all this things if you can work out that you can come back to Argentina a month a year and spending 11 months a year abroad

Also I would think about what's best for my kids, affection is important but it does not give you a decent job, possiblilities to develop as a profesional, a home or a good education

P.S. Is your husband also Argentine?

I am living a middle class life Blahblah, an argentine middle class life.

I feel a little strange giving out so many personal details, so I won't explain more, but I am confident we'll be gradually better after this rocky first year ends.

My immigrant friends in Spain are not doing much better than I am after 7 years there, mind you. Sure, they don't live with mom, but everything they own is through credit, and most of them live in tiny apartments which their children will inherit together with its mortgage. Trust me, after spending 12 years celebrating Christmas with strangers, or spending a couple of days at the Intensive Care Unit of a foreign country, your perspective changes.

I don't want to start an expat stampede now, it is my experience of course.

A normal mortage in Spain is somewhere between 15 and 25 years so I doubt in a normal situation the children will inherent a home with a mortage

I was just saying that it's also possible to live in one country and spend time with your family in another. Which option you prefer is up to you.

I personally would never think that a middle class life which consist of living with your husbands parents when you have kids and are in your 30's is better then the middle class life you can get in Europe or the US.

nativexpat said:
desertrose thanks for your reply in the other topic. You know, I don't remember being traumatized by my ears? I don't know if it is because it was too painful and I erased the memories or what. I recently asked my mom why I had the surgery done. She said they had a plastic surgeon friend who insisted on doing it (we believe I was his guinea pig) and they just conceded...the results are not perfect, mind you. My ears are flat and too stuck to my head now....on windy days, when my ears hurt, I blame that guy for taking away my internal ears' natural protection...

I also had this done! I was 16 and only needed it done to one ear! I finally made the decision in the year of my debutante ball at high school as I was too embarrassed to wear my hair in an up-do!

Good on you for moving back home Nativexpat, i'm sure it wasn't an easy decision. I'm an aussie who has found herself living in a working class-middle class argentine environment, and I don't think i've ever been happier.

Back