hey guys

It does sound suspicious. Just curious how much do you have to pay for the marketing course???.
You know the old saying,....”You have to spend money to make money”...
The marketing course costs 1,500 canadian dollars, but it can be paid in monthly installments of 500, 250 or 100 dollars, depending on choice. They claim the installments are deducted from your salary. Of course, if you go that route, the total cost goes up. So far, so good, since the money would come out of the salary they pay me and not out of my own pocket. Thing is they require a down payment. What if they take that money and then disappear?

Ask them for the names of 3 people who recently took the course.
I had an interview yesterday via zoom and the guy showed me several pics of people that were supposedly working with them. He said some were from Peru, others from Mexico, one from Venezuela, etc.. And that one guy from Argentina skipped the course entirely because he already had experience in marketing, going instead for a higher position. They claim you can get promoted as well.

I just checked area code "647" is frequently linked to scammers in Canada! And "593" is in Ecuador...

Watch out...eh
The guy who interviewed me is from Ecuador and works from there.

Johny - - no legitimate company is going to charge you to train you.

They are either not going to hire you because you don't have relevant experience or they will train you using their own material. Having new employees pay for a training course makes no sense.

Craigslist BA has a lot of scammers and con artists in my sad experience. It's not at all like Craigslist in the States.

It sounds tempting (all scams are).

All hirings involve some kind of negotiation. You should make yours about the course. It wouldn't be inappropriate for you to tell them how much you'd like the job but you want them to pay for the course.

If they agree I'd still ask to have a private conversation with 3 people who took the course.

Best of luck.

Craigslist BA has a lot of scammers and con artists in my sad experience. It's not at all like Craigslist in the States.

Same there. I've came across many in looking for rentals -- both personally, and from the warnings left there to others about something going around currently.

Back