hey guys

If you want to work as an attorney, contact every attorney you can find and ask them if they need help or know someone that does. Are you licensed to work on your own? If so, print some cards and flyers and hit the pavement looking for clients. Start a delivery service targeting law firms as a side job in the meantime as a way to make contacts.

If you want to work as an attorney, contact every attorney you can find and ask them if they need help or know someone that does. Are you licensed to work on your own? If so, print some cards and flyers and hit the pavement looking for clients. Start a delivery service targeting law firms as a side job in the meantime as a way to make contacts.

Great advice

Thanks everyone for your advice! Yeah, the whole thing seems definitely fishy. It must be a scam for sure. Gonna have to keep looking then..

That job offer has scam written all over it. I would say 99% chance it is one. If you are 1% desperate for work it could be worth a risk to you, but the risk is more than just wasting your time, it's losing $1500. Don't fall for it forum stranger

I'm licensed to practice law on my own but only in Capital Federal, not in Provincia. Anyway, I'm not that interested in working as an attorney. To be honest, I'd much prefer to go another path. I'd only work again in the legal field if I have no choice, as a last resort. As an attorney in Argentina, I think there are much better options than working in a law firm. For instance, getting a job in the judiciary or in the government. Alas, it's not that easy to land that kind of jobs. You need connections.
Your advice is good nonetheless, so I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

That job offer has scam written all over it. I would say 99% chance it is one. If you are 1% desperate for work it could be worth a risk to you, but the risk is more than just wasting your time, it's losing $1500. Don't fall for it forum stranger
Actually, I wouldn't need to pay the total cost of the course beforehand. The company offers payment plans. You can pay it in monthly installments of 100, 250 or 500 canadian dollars. As I said, the problem is they require a down payment. The installments are then supposedly deduced from the salary they pay you on a monthly basis. If I go for the first plan, I'd only have to put down 100 dollars, so I wouldn't lose that much money. Not that I am even willing to risk that, mind you.

Last edited:
Check out this link for expert advice on creating wealth:
PART I: WEALTH
BUILDING WEALTH 29
Understand How Wealth Is Created 30 Find and Build Specific Knowledge 40 Play Long-Term Games with Long-Term People 46 Take on Accountability 50 Build or Buy Equity in a Business 53 Find a Position of Leverage 55 Get Paid for Your Judgment 67 Prioritize and Focus 69 Find Work That Feels Like Play 76 How to Get Lucky 82 Be Patient

Back