Hillary Rodham Clinton Next President Of The United States.

camberiu:
Trump--the US Peron ? Why not the US Getulio Vargas?

Hmmm....Let me think about that for a moment....
Maybe it has to do with the fact that most Americans living in Argentina have no idea who Getulio Vargas was or what he did, but have a good handling on Argentine populism in general and on Peron in Particular.

Yes, that might be it.

Trump == US Peron ? No.

Yes, American populism must be very unique, nevermind the flags, fear politics, isolationism, xenophobia, the "law & order" rhetoric, worshiping the police, the personality cult and everything else that it is just like any typical Latin American caudillo.
He is uniquely American indeed.

There are two major problems with Hillary:

First, Hillary has used the Clinton Foundation and Global Initiative as a slush fund for overseas money to buy influence in US policies. A level of corruption that probably has never existed before in US national politics.

Second, she is a neocon (i.e. war monger). The first big spending liberal neocon (the worst of both worlds). The most often used example is how she pushed for the Libyan war and the overthrow of Qaddafi. The Pentagon was warning against this adventure because it could lead to instability and the rise of radical religious fundamentalists. The Pentagon ended up being right in this case.

giphy.gif

Camberiu:
1) First of all, most if not all populisms are unique.
2) Most US people living in Argentina have some idea on Peron and what he did.However,I don't think they would have "a very good handle" on it.
3) Vargas and Peron were very similar.you come out with both some very sensational and also some very informarative material.As you are Brazilian and in my view, a very good student of Latin American "caudillismo-----omnipotent leaders".Pray tell,what is your take on Getulio Vargas?

Back