Homemade Flour Tortillas

We're currently perfecting our very own baba ganoush.. just wait we're gonna take this city by storm!

Yes, they are relatively easy to make. The problem we have here in Argentina is where to acquire the masa harina. I have yet to find it at any store & believe me, I've been looking. If anyone here knows where to get some, please let me know!

Adios, the best equivalent I've been able to find so far is harina paraguaya. It's not bad, but it's not *quite* right. Maybe worth a try. You can find it in barrio chino as well as some dieteticas.

John St--I've tried making both flour and corn tortillas here (among just about everything else under the sun). I just haven't loved the results, and sometimes you just want to spare yourself that extra step when you're preparing the meat, making salsa/enchilada sauce/sour cream/beans and everything else you need from scratch.

John.St said:
Why are so many US-americans completely helpless?

Sometimes there are other reasons to buying instead of making other than being completely helpless. However, it is a slight problem in these days of you can buy everything. Its been many days, in the US, since the times of do-it-yourself, Sadly.

With that said, I did buy these tortillas, to give them a shot. More of a Fajita tortilla but very good and the woman loved them! Thanks Guys! :)

And the delivery was right on time. Imagine that!

tortillatudos said:
Well we are just two Mexican housewives offering our services for those who aren't or do not have a Mexican housewife of their own...
Which is an excellent idea - but you aren't out here in Mendoza, or Bariloche, or Córdoba, or ... so we have to make them ourselves. :D

- oh, and the three Mexican restaurant out her don't serve Mole poblana, don't even know what it is - i mean, Mexican!?!

A Mexican restaurant without Mole poblana is like a fish without a bicycle.

tortillatudos said:
Are you a gringo currently disappointed with the lack of good tortillas in Buenos Aires? Are there times when you would do just about anything for a taco? Look no further. We got your back.

[email protected].....

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I just got my first order and couldn't wait for a proper mexican meal so I heated up some refried beans poured on some salsa, popped open a quilmes (all I had on hand) and spent 10 minutes in heaven.

I don't smoke but I think I need a cigarette for the post tortilla afterglow I'm experiencing right now . They were that good.

Thanks again, the tortillas were GREAT.

Mark me down as a happy client. I'll be calling again.

Tortillas from TortillaTudos by JC2.0, on Flickr

Back