Homemade Pasta...

Coming from the guy that put Ragu on pasta and calls it Italian. Holy shit man Ragu is flushable.

Ragu is terrible...I hated that stuff before I came down here...as a matter of fact, all my life I've hated Italian food until I came to Argentina....

After 23 years of living in Argentina, my experience with the Italian food here is that it is not really Italian. In restaurants, the pasta is served floating in water, overcooked and with a glob of red sauce on top. I have some Italian background and my grandmother made pasta and sauces much as she did when she was a child in Italy. She was a good cook and used fresh in season produce and canned or dried out of season. Delicious food!
I can find better pasta in restaurants in the US. than in Argentina. I buy imported dry pasta and make my own sauces here and I try to follow her basic techniques.
I do not find Argentinians, for the most part, very sophisticated in their knowledge about what constitutes good Italian food.
This is just my own personal opinion. Everyone has their own story and this is mine.

Well compared to the pasta and Italian food in the US I'd say its 100x better... Have you actually "had" any of the homemade pasta here?

Were you getting your Italian food in Wyoming? Instead, you might try something like http://www.oliveto.com/oliveto-restaurant-dinner-menu/ .

I couldn't think of any country with a worse cooking culture than Argentina, so I figured that any country closed to Argentina could do worse in term of "Italian" cuisine.

To be honest, I came to miss mac & cheese. This is how serious it is.
You are just showing how ignorant you are. So, is it Argentina the worst country for food, or any country closed to us, can you make up your mind? And what does have Paraguay has to do with anything, have you ever been there to make such a statement?

Back