Homemade Pasta...

Well compared to the pasta and Italian food in the US I'd say its 100x better... Have you actually "had" any of the homemade pasta here?

Not sure where you've been eating in the US, but it's definitely not better in Argentina. Maybe you should stay out of Olive Garden.

You are just showing how ignorant you are. So, is it Argentina the worst country for food, or any country closed to us, can you make up your mind? And what does have Paraguay has to do with anything, have you ever been there to make such a statement?

As I explained earlier, I said Paraguayan because I couldn't think of any other country similar to Argentina and still very distant from Italian cuisine. You can substitute "Paraguay" with any other name of place where they cook anything but Italian stuff.

Does anybody make homemade pasta ???

I did, but only the egg pasta, not the semolino one (semolino + water) because I am afraid I might break my pasta attachment (it is just a bunch of plastic, the bronze one costed an arm and a leg). When I make pasta I usually prepare 2 kilos and I put it in the freezer, this way I can avoid leaving it out to dry (it always breaks when I am handling it).

Recently I found a decent pasta brand called Paese dei Sapori which is cheaper than imported brands, but anyway it is more expensive than any local brand. To give you an idea, last time I checked local pasta was around 20 ARS a bag, whereas Paese dei sapori was 45 ARS... but imported brands started at around 60 ARS!

The only format where I didn't notice the difference between home-made pasta and industrial Matarazzo pasta was to make lasagne. Not worth the hassle to make it by hand! Anyway, good pasta here is very expensive for being in Argentina. Like for many other things in Argentina, there is no middle ground: is either cheap & shit or very expensive and anyway not as good as you would expect.

Honeymooning? I've been her for almost 10 years lol....

Gheeze, lighten up a little bit...it's a forum about life in Argentina...just trying to poke a little bit of fun...at myself actually.

It doesn't hurt to speak a little spanish or "spanglish" every now and then....this is Argentina after all ;)

I mean...you "DO" speak spanish right? You understood what I wrote? Well, honestly ......too many of the ex-pats here I've personaly met can barely speak even passable spanish let alone good spanish...

Anyways...

Like I said earlier...I mean I did mention "Ragu" right? LOL. In my opinion, compared to the pasta I ate before in the US, I think the pasta here, overall is better. However I did acknowledge the fact that I really didn't care much for pasta, or any Italian food before I came to Argentina, in my family it wasn't very customary.

However, here eating my mother-in-laws homemade pasta, and pasta made by friends, it's better than what I was used to and I've begun to develop a bit of liking for Italian food since coming here.

Were you getting your Italian food in Wyoming? Instead, you might try something like http://www.oliveto.com/oliveto-restaurant-dinner-menu/ .

There used to be a Sicilian restaurant on College closer to the campus. Absolutely one of my favorite dining experiences. The best puttanesca I have ever had.

Back