How bad is Ezeiza Airport? would you do fly-in fly-out?

Ashley - thanks for your reply :)

Dipoots - I'm actually a woman with an Argentine husband and with the costs of flying in south america i would be losing money by flying him to and from Colombia as opposed to the company flying me in and out of Africa. I do however prefer the Idea of living there to living in BA so it's not something to completely disregard.....

and dennisir you are right that airports are probably the least of my worries, i should probably just be happy at the opportunities available rather than nt picking about the details.
Thanks everyone for your speedy replies.

I fly in and out of EZE 1 or 2 times every month, the last few months to and from Jo-burg. The only problem I have had was delayed flights but that is nothing unusual in BA, or any other airport.

EZE is not too bad. The immigration checkpoint is a bit of a madhouse, red is for first time paying entry fee and green line is for when you already paid the fee, with people cutting ahead and a bit of a wait. But the same thing happens when my Argentine girlfriend goes to JFK and has to wait on passport line for an hour.

I love the fact I don't need to take off my sneakers to get to my flight and none of those unnecessary full body scanners.

It is a tiny international airport and you can figure it out quite quickly.

Never had a problem with EZE and actually really liked the bright light new terminal from which I used to take all flights (as opposed to the old dark ugly one from which Aerolinas operated) BUT this time in July on the way in and out they had Air France operate from the new new "new" terminal and it was a joke..queues for immigration ran in 3 lines through a hall no larger than 2 feet wide with lots of waiting, pushing and annoyance from all concerned as people with wheelchairs and prams couldn't pass. In the end the Arg native queue was shorter so we joined it using our Arg son's passport as our golden ticket. They may have computers and digital prints etc but this "new" terminal felt like it was designed in the 70s...Otherwise EZE is perfectly fine and has a very pleasant duty free in which to spend some time.

I have to say I like EZE much, much better than my home airport LAX. In fact, EZE is always pretty great... it's kind of surprising but true. The only thing to avoid if you can is arriving at EZE any time a plane from Miami comes in, when the customs line is especially trying. Other than that, always good experiences here, and flying with LAN I've never had any delays coming or going. The taxi ride isn't bad as long as you don't try and leave the city during rush hour.... so before 3 or after 8(?) on weekdays, avoid all hours on Friday afternoon-evening especially in good weather!

At EZE the worst queues for departure check-in seem to me to be Air Europa :p - and certainly they get the worst reviews :angry:

Prices are very low but I've not been tempted. Has anyone anywhere had a good experience with them?

I am vicariously waiting for them to collapse - like Span Air earlier this year and Air Madrid in 2006.

I know friends who are still waiting for the class action against Air Madrid for refund of fares to be settled despite EU regulations :(

I've flown in and out of EZE and never had a problem except for the petty 'malvinas' propaganda they force you to look at as you go through the metal detector.

I've never had a problem with Heathrow but I know fellow Brits who like to hate on it for no reason. Last time I flew to T5 it was fantastic.

My husband is in and out of Ezeiza and Aeroparque about 4-6 times a month. It's not so much about the airport but which airline you're flying. Aerolineas is a disaster. If you're going to be travelling with that frequency you should be platinum level with whatever miles programme you use soon enough -- with that, check-in goes much more smoothly, you can wait in the lounges etc. Immigrations, if you're going to miss a flight you just have to be really pushy.

Oh and the other problem is the getting to the airport -- can be a nightmare in terms of traffic -- this sould play a part in choosing where to live. IE if you have to be out at the airport with any frequency I would not live in Zona Norte. I also would not live in Caballito where you have to cross half the city before you can get on the hwy etc. Live somewhere with close access to the Gral Paz (Nunez, Belgrano, Las Canitas)

Back