How bad is Ezeiza Airport? would you do fly-in fly-out?

L.C.C.

Registered
hello,
I'm an Australian married to an Argentine who wants to return home. I am not prepared to work for local currency and as a Geologist i make a pretty good income here in Australia. To keep my income and have it in a strong currency my best option would be to do fly in fly out to Africa. There are a lot of downsides to this but i have done it previously and it's very good experience for my professional development. SO the question that is burning in my mind IS how bad is the Ezeiza airport?

I have heard some pretty bad stories but on my holidays to Argentina i have never had a problem - was this just good luck? Would you be prepared to go through the airport every month or twice a month?

IMHO Ezeiza on a bad day is as bad as most on a bad day!

No stars awarded to Ezeiza by Skytracks airport review site http://www.airlinequality.com/Airports/Airport_forum/eze.htm

But FOUR STARS awarded to Heathrow whilst I would award them only FOUR TURDS

Heathrow is pretty terrible but atleast english people know how to line without bickering.

Does anyone have any better experiences with other international airports in Argentina?

Less you know the better off you are. Need a thrill, Kai Tak, Hong Kong, nail biter.

I don't think there are any other international airports in Arg...at least not ones that would fly to Africa (aeroparque goes to Brazil and Chile with some airlines).
I've honestly never had any problems with EZE (though I do not fly every month...my husband uses it pretty frequently though). Sometimes the queues for the European flights get pretty long if you have to check in luggage (and the "quick drop off" points don't appear to exist for these flights). But all in all, its so much easier to navigate than Heathrow, really small and I've always sped through security and immigration. I think it would be fine to deal with once or twice a month.

hello,
I'm an Australian married to an Argentine who wants to return home. I am not prepared to work for local currency and as a Geologist i make a pretty good income here in Australia. To keep my income and have it in a strong currency my best option would be to do fly in fly out to Africa. There are a lot of downsides to this but i have done it previously and it's very good experience for my professional development. SO the question that is burning in my mind IS how bad is the Ezeiza airport?

I have heard some pretty bad stories but on my holidays to Argentina i have never had a problem - was this just good luck? Would you be prepared to go through the airport every month or twice a month?

Try colombia. Your GF can visit home very often or vice versa....

Who would have thought that the most dangerous aspect of working in Africa would be flying in and out of BA?!
Riding in a taxi in BA is about five trillion times more dangerous than flying in or out of EZE. Fly in/out of EZE about every six weeks or so and from my perspective, not really a problem. Am quite sure there are horror stories at about every major airport in the world if one digs deep enough.

Back