How can we improve Argentina?

dageeza said:
... As my (Argentine) wife says, the problem with Argentina is that it is populated by Argentineans. If you believe you can change this go ahead, for me I won't hold my breath.
If that is the case, how do you explain that you actually have to search to find dog crap in the cities in the provinces, e.g. Mendoza?

Last week I walked along some 7 or 8 km of streets in Mendoza, searching for a house to rent, and encountered perhaps as many as 20 brownies. I had to look out for missing tiles, and for holes in the sidewalk, but not for brownies.

This seems to indicate that all we have to do is either nuke BsAs or deport the population to the provinces :D

John.St said:
. . . . all we have to do is either nuke BsAs or deport the population to the provinces :D
Why not use Jimmy Carter's favorite, the neutron bomb? It kills the people but leaves the buildings intact.

(Does anybody remember J. C.?)

RWS said:
Why not use Jimmy Carter's favorite, the neutron bomb? It kills the people but leaves the buildings intact.

(Does anybody remember J. C.?)
The peanut grower :eek:

- a third alternative comes to my mind: Don't remove the doggie brownies and the problem solves itself miles high in a couple of years :D:D

BTW: whatever became of "Hubert Who?" :D

John.St said:
. . . . Don't remove the doggie brownies and the problem solves itself miles high in a couple of years :D:D
That reminds me of a prognostication made from Berlin (I think) about 1890: that within a century no Western capital would be habitable, because the rate of natural increase in their human populations would have added so many horses (for transport, obvio) to their comparatively small areas that equine dung would expell all who'd lived there.

But technology stepped in. While we step in . . . something quite different.

John.St said:
BTW: whatever became of "Hubert Who?" :D
I saw him, years ago, not long before he died. Chipper as always.

RWS said:
That reminds me of a prognostication made from Berlin (I think) about 1890: that within a century no Western capital would be habitable, because the rate of natural increase in their human populations would have added so many horses (for transport, obvio) to their comparatively small areas that equine dung would expell all who'd lived there.

But technology stepped in. While we step in . . . something quite different.
I think you are referring to the article in The Times about London, as there were about 1 million horses in London producing some 6 million ton of manure in the streets each year - it could have been be any big city at the time :) - I have the article somewhere, use it when someone makes prognosis based on assumptions while not considering future technological advances.

this is all well and good, but I really want to know how Argentines can improve the USA- it is in dire need of help right now.
They could start with supplying some decent Fugazzetta...
Cant find a piece to save my life, and I am jonesing right now.

Ries said:
this is all well and good, but I really want to know how Argentines can improve the USA- it is in dire need of help right now.
They could start with supplying some decent Fugazzetta...
Cant find a piece to save my life, and I am jonesing right now.

As repeteadly pointed-out early in this thread, the key is education.
For example, Argies could teach Americans how to NOT water down their coffee!
This would have a positive side-effect as eventually we'd be able to enjoy Starbucks' furniture without having to swallow a dilluted expresso while we're on it.

Matt84 said:
As repeteadly pointed-out early in this thread, the key is education.
For example, Argies could teach Americans how to NOT water down their coffee!
Not to mention decaf Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh

In the civilized world :D the whole idea with coffee is to get a powerful injection of caffeine, why else prepare that brownish concoction?

Back