How Did You Get Your Guarantia From A Friend?

As soon as you point out something about his origins, he makes sure to worsen his English for a few posts to make it credible.

I wish my poor parents from Congo, had money to send me to a good school in my childhood days. I would have at least learnt some English and not be ridiculed for my English by Italians on this forum! Sigh!

I wish my poor parents from Congo, had money to send me to a good school in my childhood days. I would have at least learnt some English and not be ridiculed for my English by Italians on this forum! Sigh!

Nobody is making fun of you, we can just read you, and so we hyper-analyze what you write and how you write it.
For example, you wrote learnt (BrE) and not learned (AmE), so I am ruling out the US as your home or foster country.

A few posts ago your wrote other's members English skills, but you write a pretty articulate English, and I am sure you have been speaking it for a long time.
I have no formal education in English, I am just passionate about it. For example, it is spot an Indian English speaker down a mile (even in writing!).

you wrote learnt (BrE) and not learned (AmE), so I am ruling out the US as your home or foster country.

A few posts ago your wrote other's members English skills, but you write a pretty articulate English, and I am sure you have been speaking it for a long time.
I have no formal education in English, I am just passionate about it. For example, it is spot an Indian English speaker down a mile (even in writing!).

I wrote :-

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]"giving marks on others English"[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]unquote[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]and not [/background]

"other's members"

And hey..this is just a Bl*&dy forum. Do I really care what I write, how many spelling mistakes I do. What are the mistakes I do. No..I don't ! Maybe you do!I come here for just some fun reading and writing. I do not come here to give a English exam with a Italian teacher to grade me.
===
[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]I dont care if I write good /bad /poor/substandard English or American/British/ Congolese/Indian/Sri Lankan /Bhutanese/Carribean/Nigerian/Filipino English.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Neither I ever called myself American or British or Australian or New Zealander on this forum. I have told everyone I am from Congo. You don't want to believe that. Its fine. [/background]

Go and spend time with your newly married husband ( I hope your marriage is not on the rocks or was it a marriage of convenience to get the DNI???), than trying to be snoopy about other members personal matters or their nationalities or origins . And if they are not forthcoming, calling them criminals or making fun of their English to show how smart or superior you are.

One big loser, you are, who gets a high by making fun of others and calling fellow members criminals.. on a forum.

I do have to say it's very odd the amount of analysis of Ceviche's writing. Who cares? Learnt or learned? There are a million english schools around the world that follow the American rather than British standard, so really I don't know why this is so important. Most people wouldn't give it half a thought on this forum as after all it's just a forum and whether someone is writing learned or learnt I understand what they meant.

It's not a linguistics board, it's an expat board. I've seen many a grammar mistake on here, and committed many myself, often just due to quick pace or more likely, autocorrect.

However if he truly were from Congo-Kinshasa he'd likely be a french native speaker, and probably would have some grasp of Swahili.

Also really, the whole investigation is pretty rich coming from a woman who changed her handle and employed subterfuge and deception in an effort to disguise herself.

Also really, the whole investigation is pretty rich coming from a woman who changed her handle and employed subterfuge and deception in an effort to disguise herself.

Thanks Syngirl.

This means a lot to me.

Sick and tired of this Italian woman analyzing my English on a dailllyyyy basis!

===

If I am attacked more on this forum, I will start with a fresh id as a "new comer" with zero posts. To hell with this id...and all the analysis...

Can you please elaborate? I don't understand what "changed her handle" means, nor what subterfuge and deception I played. If you mean that I changed my nickname, that's true, but what's your point? Anybody who changes his nickname or avatar is a shady figure? Hello, this is the Internet, you don't go by your DNI and ID photo.

Again, I was just trying to get a grasp of the curious character of Ceviche and fooling around, not giving a lecture in English (why would I? I am not even a native English speaker and this is no language contest.). Hybrid Ambassador and dontmindme, played along in this thread and others. I don't understand what is all this fuss about.
I didn't started rambling on the forum about Ceviche's or Hybrid Ambassador's comments about my being tall or married or having a brain (what? being a woman means I should have no brain?).

Relax, folks!

PS: thank you for the very classy comment about how I got married just to get a DNI. That was really the height of this conversation.

This started as a thread about how to get a guarantee to rent an apt. Now it seems to have become a thread about being critical of
other members' English. Wierd that some people have time for such silliness. I do not care where anyone was born, has lived, or is living.
That is none of my business , nor should it be a topic on this thread. Some people seem to have too much free time and are too eager to critizise. Shame! English is my native language and I still make mistakes and am not proud of that. Also having had a CVA did not help.

Back