How do people here afford McDonalds/Burger King?

Ries said:
super panchos.

MasChicoTenes said:
Gracias, that makes no sense at all. Vos tenes un cerebro?

If it's brains that you're after, most super panchos contain traces. Learn to trust the super pancho, it is your friend.

Looks like I won the bet.:p

But I won't be checking with Western Union anytime soon.:rolleyes:

lol, you kinda did it to yourself brother. Back to the thread topic. The few times i've been to Burger king, I remember being able to by two cheeseburgers for 18 pesos. Not exactly what I consider breaking the bank.

steveinbsas said:
Have you ever condisered how much "grease" (primarily "fat" from cheese) and sodium are in every slice of pseudo Italian pizza served in BA?

Well, I personally don't touch that stuff, either. But at least America and its midscale-restaurant culture can't be blamed for any obesity resulting from one too many binges at El Cuartito ;)

I sure didn't move to Argentina to eat a Big Mac, you gotta be kidding! I did try one when I first got here about three years ago, that was enough, empanada is a lot better. If one is going to live here best eat like you are where you are. Many good places in Belgrano anyway

The only time I had a burger at McDonalds in Argebntina was in Bahia Blanca about a year ago.

I ordered the ANGUS beef burger.

It was actually very good.

MasChicoTenes said:
No, you cant afford mcdonalds with 25 pesos. Thats the whole point of this thread. Ok... ? You need at least around 40

That's not accurate. A Big Mac Combo costs $21.

Cheers

There was a time when you could get a cheeseburger for 99 cents in BA ( from McD ) In general people do not eat this kind of food as often as Americans do, I guess that is why they can afford it.

Both Burger King & McDonalds have a different brand image here. They cater to a different demograhpic, and have a slightly different proposition.

If you want dirty cheap fast food, buy a pancho. Or a choripan.

McDonalds, ridiculous though it may seem to others, has a certain status attached to it here. People are happy to pay the premium.

Back