How do people here afford McDonalds/Burger King?

MasChicoTenes

Registered
Seriously?

I come from a mining dominated city unaffected by the world finance crisis (thanks, China) where you can earn $90k / US a year just by being capable of standing on two feet and sweeping floors

And Burger King is cheaper in my city than in Buenos Aires

Of course my city is boring as hell and there is nothing to spend your money on except prostitutes and drugs, but from a purely finacial point of view how to people here afford fast food? Thinking that where I live a burger meal is about $7 from a $1500 average weekly salary = %0.05 mas o menos

What is the average meal here to weekly salary...?

MasChicoTenes; said:
...I come from a mining dominated city unaffected by the world finance crisis (thanks, China) where you can earn $90k / US a year just by being capable of standing on two feet and sweeping floors

Of course my city is boring as hell and there is nothing to spend your money on except prostitutes and drugs...

If a floor sweeper can make $90K USD per year and can only spend it on hookers, drugs, and Big Macs, the dollar has already collapsed in China.

I apologize for not answering your question. I don't have a salary in Argentina and I don't eat at McDonalds.

But I can eat (preparing my own meals), as well as pay for electricity, gas, insurance on my house, car, and body, and enjoy DirecTV in Provincia Bs. As. for less than 10K (USD) per year.

(I should add that includes property taxes, too...but they're only $520 pesos per anum.)

Somehow I don't feel terribly affected by the world's financial crisis, even though my "investment" income has declined from a previous high of $12,000 per anum in 2006 and the cost of food has doubled (and in some cases trippled).

Very seldom I take my kids to Mc Donalds and when I take the kids I spend a lot but we prefer to go to our neighbor parrilla Guijon on san José and Chile y really recommend it much better than Mc Donalds
Reina

Mcdonalds and Burger King gross me the f*** out. I'll take a choripan over that any day of the week.

And I don't think Argentine's eat fast food every day. It's more infrequent for them. So spending 30 pesos every now and then really doesn't affect their bottom line.

I don't understand this thread. Anyone who has 25 pesos can afford a meal from McDonald's. It's pretty easy to get 25 pesos.

No, you cant afford mcdonalds with 25 pesos. Thats the whole point of this thread. Ok... ? You need at least around 40

Back