How Do Wealthy Expats Live In Argentina

Stanexpat said:
I'm sorry but the more I hear from JB5 the more it sounds unreal. Sounds like the voice of the Buenos Aires Chamber of Commerce (if there is such an organization). Seems incredibly naive in one post then displays what seems to have resident knowledge in another.

Stan, Based on your previous posts and how much you "suffered" by being "ignorant" about how things are done here, I would think you might have more to add than your skepticism.

But (apology noted) you still just can't resist an opportunity to be negative, can you?

Is paranoia a part of expat life in BA? And how can I get the C of C to pay me because I seriously think I can get many Americans, fallen on hard times, to consider BA. What's not to like?

Stan, I'm not an idiot and I'm doing my research so my knowledge is growing. Last week I was someone who logged a week in BA. This week, thanks to the kindness of strangers, I'm on my way to having a meaningful plan for my next adventure.

The only thing scaring me at this point is you, Stan.

jb5 said:
Is paranoia a part of expat life in BA? And how can I get the C of C to pay me because I seriously think I can get many Americans, fallen on hard times, to consider BA. What's not to like?

Stan, I'm not an idiot and I'm doing my research so my knowledge is growing. Last week I was someone who logged a week in BA. This week, thanks to the kindness of strangers, I'm on my way to having a meaningful plan for my next adventure.

Bravo, JB5! If there is anything I can do to help, please don't hesitate to let me know!

Celia said:
This is a country still subdued from economic crisis and many locals don't take too kindly to foreigners living it large on their fallen peso.

So don't rub it in their face!

I don't know where you live, Celia, but this is NOT the case in Recoleta.

Stanexpat said:
I'm sorry but the more I hear from JB5 the more it sounds unreal. Sounds like the voice of the Buenos Aires Chamber of Commerce (if there is such an organization). Seems incredibly naive in one post then displays what seems to have resident knowledge in another.

After this post told to shut-up by Steve, quickly deleted apparently by poster.

Several posts by Jb5 and Steve, offering support of each other usually within minutes.

You can draw your own conclusions.

P.S. The monitor of this site might want to check if Steveinbsas and JB5 have the same IP address and report back.-Thks

This is actually pretty entertaining. BA may be more fun than I thought. Steve, I'll buy you a drink on my next visit and we can plan our next mission.

jb5 said:
This is actually pretty entertaining. BA may be more fun than I thought. Steve, I'll buy you a drink on my next visit and we can plan our next mission.

I am SO looking forward to it!

Especially since I am happily free to do so, (unlike some other unhappy, paranoid, and jealous expats!!!!!).

jb5 said:

I hope your business plan entails buying a petite hotel in Recoleta. That (in my opinion) would be a great idea!

hi jb5
With those sort of budgets you can live the life of reilly.
I'm sure you'll love it here :)

By all accounts I'm crazy, but I really like San Telmo. I talked about this with my daughter today who visited with me and she agreed. We liked the restaurants, the architecture, the cobblestone streets. It feels like NY's Greenwich Village to us. And a house there seems a possibility as opposed to an apartment. Recoleta was nice, kind of BA's upper east side, and it's sounding like the safe bet, but there is a draw to ST. Opinions?

Also on this trip we stayed at an inn in Salvador Brizil. This is the kind of thing we have in mind:

http://www.casadoamarelindo.com/

Back