• I own a car, I drive most of the time

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • I own a car, but I take public transit on a regular basis as well

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Mostly in taxi

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Mostly on Subte/buses

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • I usually ride a bicycle, rollerblade, scooter, etc.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • A fairly even mix of public transit and taxis

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Walking

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other- explain in the comments

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
http://www.omnilineas.com.ar/buenos-aires/colectivos/

is a great site for buses. shows all the routes on a map including all the different ramales

You clearly haven't lived in Buenos Aires for many years. What's across "town" for you? Palermo to Recoleta?

Yeah pretty much, $4 is a pretty good price for that distance. Where are you all traveling to that you need to go from Puerto Madero to Belgrano every day? Seriously, I was hearing this stuff when I was living there before and it confuses me.

I travel a lot from Palermo ( close to Palermo subte stn) to Microcentro or San Telmo or Tribunales.

I usually end up paying 45/60/35 pesos more or less, one way in the cab for the above 3. Its not cheap!

I also have had instances where the bill when it should have been 60, came to 80 ( Palermo to san telmo). I refused and paid only 60. And the taxi drivers also agree!

By the way, I use 2-3 taxis a day.

When I feel, I am going overbudget, I suddenly go berserk and start using subte for next 3-4 days and HATE IT!

The price of a cab from Caballito (puan and rivadavia) to Hospital Italiano in Almagro is about $32 - depending on time of day etc. Not cheap.

What would the cost be for the same distance in NY?

Perhaps you're asking out of genuine curiosity.

However, if it's an effort to compare, what's the point? Most foreigners who I know here live and work here, and receive a salary in pesos. Most salaries have not kept up with the inflation over the past several years. So, things like taxi cab rides, which have kept up with inflation for the most part, have become quite expensive.

As I stated previously, the difference between the cost of a taxi and a colectivo is vast. If I have to choose between either, I'll generally pick a colectivo... but I prefer my bike.

Yeah pretty much,

¿Did you miss the sarcasm in that? Palermo and Recoleta are bordering neighbourhoods, definitely not "across town". I would imagine most expats, people who live and work here, move from Belgrano to Puerto Madero to get to work and the like...

A taxi for me from work goes for about $70-$80, not expensive if I had U$D income, but expensive as hell as a local worker. Thankfully, the only time I take taxis from work the company pays!

Back