How is it possible Argentina only has 2100 covid cases?

So explain using logic and reason how Argentina magically has less than half the cases as Peru and Chile
It seems to be a matter of luck, not logic. Rio Negro has 78 cases, while next-door Chubut has not had a single one so far.

It seems to be a matter of luck, not logic. Rio Negro has 78 cases, while next-door Chubut has not had a single one so far.

This to me is a tremendous mystery but I do not believe in coincidences . Chubut has tremendous tourism by the way all along its beautiful coast and lakes

You guys have to remember there is an element of luck in this. Not all countries are going to be affected equally, some places had the virus spread further before the response and some didn't. Colombia has done double the tests and has 600 more cases, Ecuador has done only marginally more tests and has 5000 more cases and are having serious problems. All we know is that in all places the virus is wider spread than is offical and countires need to test more. But luck and and how countries have responded are both going to have an impact and it's impossible to compare two countires at the moment.
There is no luck.
Countries with mandatory universal vaccination BCG has less Covid-19. Argentina was doing this for about 100 years.
Testing means nothing if the test are not tuned to the strain you have in that country. For sure Ecuador has not the human and technology to identify it.
The 3rd issue is the epidemic of dengue. There are 3 million people infected in South America.

So explain using logic and reason how Argentina magically has less than half the cases as Peru and Chile
Simple.
Argentina has mandatory an universal vaccination programa for BCG for over 100 years, high end scientists and proper political leaders ( Fernandez/Fernandez) that implemented an early quarantine.
Most of the disaster we see are consequence of bad political decisions. The US has an excellent science development but an awkful leadership.

There is no luck.
Countries with mandatory universal vaccination BCG has less Covid-19. Argentina was doing this for about 100 years.
Testing means nothing if the test are not tuned to the strain you have in that country. For sure Ecuador has not the human and technology to identify it.
The 3rd issue is the epidemic of dengue. There are 3 million people infected in South America.

I think Argentina did some things well, such as the early strict quarantine and social distancing. However, I don't think the BCG vaccination has much to do with it. For example, France and South Korea both have mandatory BCG vaccination and they both have high infection rate. For South Korea, it was a systematic approach that helped contained it quick - social distancing, massive testing to identify the locations of the clusters, proper quarantine, and their culture of wearing masks and citizen cooperation. As for testing, I don't think the CV strain would have mutated that quickly as to make the WHO approved testing procedures obsolete. Many countries have used it with success, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.

Also, like many other countries, Argentina did not (and still not) do much testing for whatever reason, likely because of budget. And like many other countries, I'm sure they under-report. Can't report what you don't test. Same goes with the number of reported CV19 deaths. If you don't test the dead, then how do you know? Best way is to visit a few hospitals and see if they're in crisis or not. News are not reporting hospital overloads like NYC or dead bodies waiting to be picked up roadside in Ecuador, so I'm sure Argentina is still pretty safe.

I think Argentina did some things well, such as the early strict quarantine and social distancing. However, I don't think the BCG vaccination has much to do with it. For example, France and South Korea both have mandatory BCG vaccination and they both have high infection rate. For South Korea, it was a systematic approach that helped contained it quick - social distancing, massive testing to identify the locations of the clusters, proper quarantine, and their culture of wearing masks and citizen cooperation. As for testing, I don't think the CV strain would have mutated that quickly as to make the WHO approved testing procedures obsolete. Many countries have used it with success, otherwise they wouldn't be using them.

Also, like many other countries, Argentina did not (and still not) do much testing for whatever reason, likely because of budget. And like many other countries, I'm sure they under-report. Can't report what you don't test. Same goes with the number of reported CV19 deaths. If you don't test the dead, then how do you know? Best way is to visit a few hospitals and see if they're in crisis or not. News are not reporting hospital overloads like NYC or dead bodies waiting to be picked up roadside in Ecuador, so I'm sure Argentina is still pretty safe.
Italy and the USA do not have politics of massive vaccination:
Spain neither:

France eliminated the re vaccination on BCG, they get it only when they are born while in Argentina used to be like 3 times:

korea has massive BCG vaccination since the Korea war:

I’m not a scientist, but researchers of Malbran pointed that the test they receive imported are tuned here.

I also posted a video that explains how to double check the accuracy of testing.

To go to a hospital is not smart. You can see nothing from outside. You can get arrested. And there are special hospitals for Covid-19 like Tecnopolis.

Last edited:
Ah yes the good old times, i for one surely trust the government blindly here, Argentinos a vencer!oh and don't forget, estamos ganando!
Also let's not miss the opportunity to criticize Trump , how ever, if you mention that this whole fiasco started in china and their lack of care about humanity, then of course , you are racist

It has to do with the countermeasures that were put into effect and when. For example, take a look at Ecuador, if you look at the situation closely, you quickly realize that there was a lot of travel back and forth from Spain, They did not quarantine as early as they should and had poor enforcement. Chile also was late to mandate quarantine. Italy was plagued by implementing the quarantine way after they should, terrible enforcement afterwards, and poor hygiene.

Last edited:
Back