How is it that so many Argentinians can move to the US?

Girino

Registered
La Nación reminds us weekly about Argentinian families and companies who took the plunge and moved abroad. But what really surprises me is the amount of Argentinians who are seamlessly moving from Argentina to the US. Perhaps a small percentage is a dual national, but how do the others do?
What does it entails in terms of VISA, time, and cost?

Coronavirus: se dispara la demanda de argentinos que quieren radicarse en Estados Unidos: la Embajada de Estados Unidos en la Argentina, durante 2019, la oficina de Buenos Aires otorgó 619 visas E (inversor)

En 2019 hubo alrededor de un millón de argentinos que emigraron de Argentina
y en doble de inmigrantes que llegó al país
La emigración de la Argentina se ha dirigido especialmente a España, donde van el 25,65%, Estados Unidos, el 21,24% y seguido de lejos por Chile, el 7,18%. [https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/negocios/inmigracion-vs-emigracion-nid2508878]

Algo no me cierra...

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/cristina-redrado-la-historia-feroz-pelea-ahora-nid2508830

La Nación reminds us weekly about Argentinian families and companies who took the plunge and moved abroad. But what really surprises me is the amount of Argentinians who are seamlessly moving from Argentina to the US. Perhaps a small percentage is a dual national, but how do the others do?
What does it entails in terms of VISA, time, and cost?

Coronavirus: se dispara la demanda de argentinos que quieren radicarse en Estados Unidos: la Embajada de Estados Unidos en la Argentina, durante 2019, la oficina de Buenos Aires otorgó 619 visas E (inversor)

En 2019 hubo alrededor de un millón de argentinos que emigraron de Argentina
y en doble de inmigrantes que llegó al país
La emigración de la Argentina se ha dirigido especialmente a España, donde van el 25,65%, Estados Unidos, el 21,24% y seguido de lejos por Chile, el 7,18%. [https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/negocios/inmigracion-vs-emigracion-nid2508878]

Algo no me cierra...

https://www.lanacion.com.ar/economia/cristina-redrado-la-historia-feroz-pelea-ahora-nid2508830

It's actually very difficult, unless they already have an employer to sponsor them or relative in the US that can get their paperwork started. There are also a smaller number who can get in as "investors." Most Argentinians going to the US tend to be educated which helps. They aren't going there to wash dishes like the Mexicans do.

It's actually very difficult, unless they already have an employer to sponsor them or relative in the US that can get their paperwork started. There are also a smaller number who can get in as "investors." Most Argentinians going to the US tend to be educated which helps. They aren't going there to wash dishes like the Mexicans do.

Mexicans would crush argentines with respect to work ethic. I miss all my mexican crews in the field when I have to deal with the local workforce.

How significant do you think the brain drain has been from Argentina to Chile, Brazil, Spain, Italy, USA during the past 20 years?

it looks like your article contains the answer: most of them enter on E-2 visas which does not require much more than money and eligible nationality.
Interesting, seems you have to buy a business for 100-150k but you can finance up to 30% of it. People probably buy Dunkin Donut type franchises or set up a laundromat and exaggerate their expenses by 50%.

it looks like your article contains the answer: most of them enter on E-2 visas which does not require much more than money and eligible nationality.

How is it possible that 619 investor visa accounted for 212,400 Argentinians who moved to the US in 2019?
Even if they had 5 dependants each, even if some are dual nationals... the numbers are not there.

How is it possible that 619 investor visa accounted for 212,400 Argentinians who moved to the US in 2019?
Even if they had 5 dependants each, even if some are dual nationals... the numbers are not there.
Wow 212K from a population of 40M is incredible. I'd imagine most of it would be family re-unification type visas. Seems every other person I meet in every part of the world has a relative in the US. Where did the 212,400 figure come from?

Back