How Long Until Next Crisis?

ghost said:
Who would you blame for everything if you didn't have the USA to point to????

Maybe if USA didn't exist Argentina wouldn't have these problems. Did that ever cross your mind?

davonz said:
I am wondering if this figure is actually true, maybe it is like the inflation figures ?

Let's think they are forged, forget about the figures...but still there's no rush at the moment to buy dollars in a way that's pushing inevitably the greenback up. It has happened before (70s, 80s 2001), and the government sets an official price for it in an attempt to control that...the result? Black market, or paralell-unofficial exchange rate.

Not the case in Argentina now, over the last five years, The Central Bank purchased dollars off the market to keep it up at around 3 pesos (3 years back, more or less), because is convenient for Argentine exports (ask the Chinese about devaluations).

Believe me, the moment the government is not in control of the exchange rate, we'll know it immediately..

Eternalnewbie said:
If the USA didn't exist, we'd all be speaking German, or Japanese, depending on how the hemisphere's got divided up.

Well maybe Hitler never would have risen to power if he never was funded by those American companies.

orwellian said:
Maybe if USA didn't exist Argentina wouldn't have these problems. Did that ever cross your mind?

And if the USA didn't exist Argentina wouldn't have the stigma of harboring all those "ex" Nazis.

orwellian said:
Well maybe Hitler never would have risen to power if he never was funded by those American companies.

Okay, I have my anti-American moments, in spite of, or because of, having been born and raised there, and I am not immune to considering RATIONAL or well-reasoned and supported arguments about various failures of American foreign policy -- there are more than two or three in recent history -- but nit-picky sniping quips rooted in nonsense don't cut the mustard.

If you are going to flaunt your cute idea of anti-Americanism, you ought to at least pick on something worth the battle.

Regardless of what America's role in this coming century will end up being, if China, for example, continues its superspeed momentum toward becoming the world's dominant economy and military superpower, America haters will suddenly disappear from the stage in abject embarrassment.

"Just saying."

Eternalnewbie said:
but nit-picky sniping quips rooted in nonsense don't cut the mustard.

Well you started the hypothetical nonsense...
And you almost managed to kill us all starting a nuclear war too. That's a lot worse than living under fascism. Something that you Americans are already getting to know how it's like to live under btw.

Eternalnewbie said:
Regardless of what America's role in this coming century will end up being, if China, for example, continues its superspeed momentum toward becoming the world's dominant economy and military superpower, America haters will suddenly disappear from the stage in abject embarrassment.

Yeah exactly. My guess is that they will be less ruthless. Hopefully the only thing we'd be complaining about would be the lack of freedom of speech. But why would that cause embarrassment? It's more like a big change you've been waiting for and you don't know whether it's for the good or bad.

Eternalnewbie said:
If the USA didn't exist, we'd all be speaking German, or Japanese, depending on how the hemisphere's got divided up.
This is a great example of the NorteAmericano mind. Sorry, Enternalnewbie, but your supposition that it was the USA which defeated the German military is vastly incorrect. In fact the was the USSR who defeated the German military. 88% of ALL German causalities were on the Eastern Front, and there was not one single US military person on the Eastern Front. The USSR lost 30 million people in that war. I forgive you for this mistaken assumption, but only because i know the bullshit propaganda the US government had fed its people for so long on so many issues. It is even sadder to see that more than one user on this forum 'thanked' you for this ridiculous and uninformed post!! I am quite confident all of them are also NorteAmericanos.

steveinbsas said:
And if the USA didn't exist Argentina wouldn't have the stigma of harboring all those "ex" Nazis.
Another great post from a NorteAmericano!!! I suppose you don't want to comment on all the Nazi's who were resettled from europe to the USA!!! In fact, the USA was the largest destination of Nazi's! Worse yet, even though the US congress passed laws forbidding Nazi's to immigrate, the US government (state dept, CIA, etc) forged documents to get these Nazi's into the US, AND even set them up with homes and jobs!!

gunt86 said:
Another great post from a NorteAmericano!!! I suppose you don't want to comment on all the Nazi's who were resettled from europe to the USA!!! In fact, the USA was the largest destination of Nazi's! Worse yet, even though the US congress passed laws forbidding Nazi's to immigrate, the US government (state dept, CIA, etc) forged documents to get these Nazi's into the US, AND even set them up with homes and jobs!!

Sure, I'll comment: They got us to the moon, didn't they?;)

Not all Nazi's who came to Argentina were bad, either.

Oskar Schindler was one of them (briefly).

Of course Adolf Eichmann was a different story.

Back