How much could I earn as a Travel Consultant/Agent?

slider8p

Registered
Hi there,

I have just arrived in Buenos Aires and I have been looking at jobs in the Tourism industry as a Travel Agent/Consultant but I have no idea what the wages would be. Would anyone please be able to advise me.

thanks

Usual questions : with a working permit or without ?

I guess it's not much. Maybe in the range of 1.500/2.200 pesos ?

I am not in that industry, but an average, starting young professional job is ARS$3000-4000.

You didnt mention it, but it is most likely you will need to have a DNI (Official identity document) and a CUIL (tax ID) to be able to be hired. Otherwise, you will be working in the black market, with almost no rights.

Perhaps you already have a DNI/CUIL. Or your employer might be able to sponsor you for a working visa, process that sometimes takes a couple of months.

3.000 to 4.000 seems quite high to me and I don't think that's an average *starting* salary.

Will you be earning commision? If so, I would expect your base salary to be much closer to what french jurist estimated.

Roxana said:
You didnt mention it, but it is most likely you will need to have a DNI (Official identity document) and a CUIL (tax ID) to be able to be hired. Otherwise, you will be working in the black market, with almost no rights.

That's a good point, but in another thread the OP indicated he/she was born in Argentina and has a DNI, so it's not an issue.

Those working en negro (the black market) actually do have rights, including the right to sue their employer.

slider8p said:
Hi there,

I have just arrived in Buenos Aires and I have been looking at jobs in the Tourism industry as a Travel Agent/Consultant but I have no idea what the wages would be. Would anyone please be able to advise me.
thanks
We know that you have just arrived from London, that you were born in Buenos Aires and have an old type DNI, plus an expired Argentine passport.

As elsewhere in the world, your salary will depend on education, previous experience, -level, -years, etc.

"Born in Buenos Aires" but how is your Spanish today?

You almost certainly must translate your CV to Spanish and modify it with an eye to how much information CVs in Argentina contains (a lot! including info you'd never find in a European CV).

Back