How much is the Arg. peso really worth?

The new official dollar Value announced by Ministro Guzman for 2021 by the Government is $102 pesos , thus taking the final price to around $130 with the 35% tax added.. What will that do to the Blue perhaps $180 at least..?

rich one..will you continue to bless us with yr presence here or planning to leave?

The new official dollar Value announced by Ministro Guzman for 2021 by the Government is $102 pesos , thus taking the final price to around $130 with the 35% tax added.. What will that do to the Blue perhaps $180 at least..?
The 35% retention is ON TOP of the 30% with the PAIS tax. So it's dolar oficial + 65%.
I am 'guilty' of using my ARG debit card abroad paying 103 for the dollar but buying pesos at 130 with WU/Blue. So a ~20% arbitrage.
Thanks BCRA. But they are closing that loophole. It was fun while it lasted.

The 35% retention is ON TOP of the 30% with the PAIS tax. So it's dolar oficial + 65%.
I am 'guilty' of using my ARG debit card abroad paying 103 for the dollar but buying pesos at 130 with W U/Blue. So a ~20% arbitrage.
Thanks BCRA. But they are closing that loophole. It was fun while it lasted.

Disp27

I just quoted today's Infobae News Piece....?

Google translate
"With this measure, buying a dollar will cost about $ 130 after the PAIS Tax and the withholding on account of Profits. Those who do not pay Profits, Tax must process the refund in the future".

Disp27

I just quoted today's Infobae News Piece....?

Google translate
"With this measure, buying a dollar will cost about $ 130 after the PAIS Tax and the withholding on account of Profits. Those who do not pay Profits, Tax must process the refund in the future".

Yes that's right. In my case, and in the case of most expats I think it would be hard to get the 35% retention back from the AFIP.
So I need to stop using my ARG card abroad as of tomorrow to avoid overpaying. Up until today I was getting a nice 20% discount on most purchases.

I understand that CCL will now be off limits to non-residents. Goodbye favorable WU rates from tomorrow?

I understand that CCL will now be off limits to non-residents. Goodbye favorable WU rates from tomorrow?
Why would that be? The CCL was just a reference rate WU used. CCL will still continue to exist. So WU should follow that rate for the time being. I think the CCL will actually be up for some time. Let's see how the market reacts tomorrow.

Back