How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

My last bill came to $ARS 165,000. I am not sure what the next increases are, but there will be increases. I have OSDE 410, It was cheap a couple of years ago, only 27,000 pesos when I initiated the coverage.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
23 January 2024
DNU 70/2023 promulgated by President Javier Milei received a new judicial setback. The Federal Justice granted another precautionary measure against the increase in the fees of the prepaid medicine company Swiss Medical. In addition, a deputy from the Coalicion Civica also filed a complaint for "cartelization" against companies in the sector. The Federal Court for Civil, Commercial and Administrative Litigation No. 2 of San Martín, in charge of the surrogate magistrate Elpidio Portocarrero Tezanos Pinto, ordered Swiss Medical to readjust the corresponding rates, leaving without effect the increases made since the decree came into force until the Justice issues a final ruling....

Hello everyone. My father is coming to live with us shortly. He will be 70 in a few months. Can anyone please recommend a decent health insurance plan? He's spending about $300 / month in the US currently. Those policies could be cancelled and the money applied here.

Ideally a broad plan like OSDE, Swiss Medical or Medicus. Second choice would be with a specific hospital or sanatorio like Italiano, Alemania, Otamendi, Trinidad, Finochietto ..... The prices that I hear are all over the map, from $400 to $1,200. I'm just trying to get a rough idea in the context of the recent price increases as to a starting point rather than schlepping all over the city filling out long health histories. Thanks.

I just received my Feb 2024 billing for
Hominis $100k pesos now...great plan, but I think 65 yrs is the cutoff.

I just received my Feb 2024 billing for
Hominis $100k pesos now...great plan, but I think 65 yrs is the cutoff.
Thanks Neil. I was unaware of Hominis. WOW! $100K - what a great deal. Good for you. I'll give them a call tomorrow. Maybe at this age we could just pay a premium. Cheers.

Hello everyone. My father is coming to live with us shortly. He will be 70 in a few months. Can anyone please recommend a decent health insurance plan? He's spending about $300 / month in the US currently. Those policies could be cancelled and the money applied here.

Ideally a broad plan like OSDE, Swiss Medical or Medicus. Second choice would be with a specific hospital or sanatorio like Italiano, Alemania, Otamendi, Trinidad, Finochietto ..... The prices that I hear are all over the map, from $400 to $1,200. I'm just trying to get a rough idea in the context of the recent price increases as to a starting point rather than schlepping all over the city filling out long health histories. Thanks.

I'm about your father's age. Getting insurance two years ago wasn't easy due to my age, but we were able to get Swiss Medical through our daughter as family members. There aren't many options for new accounts once you hit 65 as far as I know.

I dropped Medicare before leaving the U.S., which saved some money. Good thing, because my current Swiss Medical bill (for wife and myself) was $590k. We have the highest tier, but dropping down wouldn't save much, especially as I have several serious health issues.

Prices and exchange rates change, but our dollar cost has actually been fairly stable in the 2 years since we've been back, about $460/mo.

Hope this helps you.

With my Hospital network there was a 40% increase for January and an additional increase of 30% for February.

OSDE advertised plans for seniors....6 months ago. They cost $450 per month then.....before the huge increases. I went in before the latest increases and was told there were no plans for me. I am 78. The previous poster was grandfathered in on a family member already covered. You should NOT assume you will get medical coverage here in Argentina. And information on the net is sparse.

A DNI is required for many or most hospital-specific insurance.

Last edited:
An increase of 40% just went into effect for me. I am now paying $ARS 225,000. I think it will increase around another 30% next month.

I joined MEDICUS in late December and paid 140K pesos for the month. I have just checked on their system to pay for the next one and it came out a whopping 323K, which is a 122% increase. Is that correct? At that rate in a couple of months it will be more expensive than in the United States. I hope there is an error in their system...

Back