How much more are you paying for your health (prepaga) insurance?

Great news ;)my plan Hominis announced a 17% increase for March 2024...and were just paying Feb.!
I just got notified that in March my Medicus plan will go up another 21% :(
When I started shopping around in November last year the plan was ~90K, now it is approaching ~200K...

I just got notified that in March my Medicus plan will go up another 21% :(
When I started shopping around in November last year the plan was ~90K, now it is approaching ~200K...
My Hospital Italiano plan was $15,000p 4+ years when I signed up. As of this second it is $210,000p.

We know someone who I can only describe as a health insurance broker. Friend of friend. I'm thinking that if dad cuts Medicare B in the USA and his private policy, he'll have about $360/mo. as an offset to whatever we can find here. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Once enrolled in Part B can you drop out? And if you can drop out, can you get back in if you want to?

Once enrolled in Part B can you drop out? And if you can drop out, can you get back in if you want to?
Yes, you can drop out. Yes, you can get back in but you will pay a penalty forever. You can calculate the penalty using information available on the net.

I was just alerted that my Hosp.Italiano premium will increase by 18% in March.

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
13 February 2024 by Irina Hauser
Until now the cases against the increases in prepaid medicine are processed individually. Faced with a particular protection
issued against Milei's mega DNU, the Registro de Procesos Colectivos (Registry of Collective Processes) of the
Supreme Court established that all cases must be processed jointly along with the only case registered there
The decision opens the possibility of a ruling with general effects for all users of private health companies....

Click anywhere on the article in Spanish to open the menu. Next click on Translate to English.
26 February 2024
Prepaid medical plan: Avelian created a custom health plan that only charges for the services used. It offers a “smart” prepaid medicine plan that avoids unnecessary expenses. The advantages of personalizing health coverage. They announced the creation of a “smart” health plan that gives users the possibility of adapting coverage according to their particular needs. The objective is to save on unnecessary expenses for unused services....

My medical insurance bill is $245k this month with OMINT.

Previously, there was a regulation that prevented insurance companies from increasing premiums for individuals over 65 if they had maintained continuous coverage for 10 years. Is this regulation still in force under the new government?

Just got my notice Hominis 15% more in April...! ~$130k

My medical insurance bill is $245k this month with OMINT.

Previously, there was a regulation that prevented insurance companies from increasing premiums for individuals over 65 if they had maintained continuous coverage for 10 years. Is this regulation still in force under the new government?
I believe the law prohibited increases beyond the normal % that is charged to everyone, i.e. they could not double or more your fees just because you reached 65

Back