How Much To Charge For Copywrighting Jobs

Laura, I'm sorry no one has been very helpful. The industry standard is five cents for every occurence of the letter "e.'

Go back to school and learn some more eenglish first. Read your profile and your spanish also needs polishing. Wonder how much will get lost in translation...
Okay, excuse me for trying. Maybe all of you should get off of an English-speaking forum while you're in a Spanish-speaking country and stop being so god damn judgmental.

Appears to be an aging Golden, though...
Seriously? Making digs at my spelling mistakes: okay, understandable. But making digs at my DOG, really??

Glad to know I've landed in a place with such a supportive expat community.
I won't be asking for any more advice here.

Yikes, Laura. Looks like there aren't many copywriters here to help, nor people who hire them. I sometimes hire an editor, but do my own writing. I recently asked my current editor (also a writer), what kind of monthly retainer she'd want to edit my weekly ezine, and she told me something that might help you as a starting point:

She said that for editing one client's weekly newsletter she charges $150/month. But for another client who sends her notes every week, and she writes the articles, she charges $200/month. That would be $50 per issue. Probably just one main article at that price. I think she's underpricing her work, considering her level of quality and decades of experience, but she's just left a university career and is new to freelancing. The example she gave me is an ongoing gig, so I can understand a lower price than for a 1-time job, and it sounds like the work is a piece of cake for her.

I did google "copywriter forum" to see what I could find out, and this is the first one that came up:

http://www.warriorforum.com/copywriting-forum/

There seems to be no "search" function on the site, to research your topic, but you might join the forum and ask the pro's what they'd advise you about getting started with your pricing.

Whatever you charge, if this is your first freelance job, it will get you started; then the path will "light up" from there. Go for it!

Suerte!

Everybody is a writer, a journalist, an artist, a photographer, and an editor. We no longer need specialized talent because the bar has dropped so damn low that people get paid for the mediocre and the sub par.

Everybody is a writer, a journalist, an artist, a photographer, and an editor. We no longer need specialized talent because the bar has dropped so damn low that people get paid for the mediocre and the sub par.

Actually, hardly anybody gets paid for writing any more.

Remember...this community is for support and helping each other. If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all. Sorry about the thoughtless comments you received before, Laura! There are some nice people on here, I swear! Enjoy your stay here.

Back