how people live?

Fabe said:
STEVE !!!! , Holy changed profile pic !
Change it back ! , you look like alan alda in the old one .
You scare small children in this oe , holy crap ! ,

He's not Steve anymore, apparently the natives say that he wants them to call him Kurtz.

satoko said:
thank you very much for your comments, everybody!

I am figuring out... rent is too expensive and the quality of products are so poor.... Any good point of Argentine life?

I remember that when I first came to Argentina I have asked my Argentine friends where to find apartment, and nobody knows... no wonder, they are living with their family.

Yes, it is in South America.

Based on having lived here with an Argentine ex partner, I agree with what everyone says but also want to add that they have a different mentality than other cultures with making purchases and spending money.

In the States and Europe, we think it´s very normal and day to day to do things like grab a coffee before work at Starbucks, order take out for dinner a few times a week, hitting the sale racks at the stores, and upgrade our cell phones.

I find that Argentines dont buy things they dont direly need and plan well ahead before making an important purchase, often saying things like ¨I plan to get a new cell phone in 2 months.¨-- In the States, you realize that your phone is a piece of crap and usually have a new one within a week. Also here everything can be bought in cuotas--- even a purchase at the FarmaCity!

That mentality, paired with the fact that families do still help out in many cases, helps them get to the end of the month, although it´s still not unusual for even professionals to only have 50 pesos left around the 27th of the month.

they all live with mommy and daddy! or they rent a room in some shithole bsas. they live day by day.

Back