How reliable is DHL for receiving paperwork and bank cards?

Che1990

Registered
Hi all. How reliable is DHL recorded delivery for sending a small letter from the UK? The envolope would contain two bank cards and a sim card. I received one no problem back in 2018, but things change her every 5 minutes hence wanted to check again. The cards would be frozen so no problem there. They shouldn't get stuck in the Aduana right?

I send to myself a DHL package from the US a couple of times per year. Never had any problems.
Sometimes the envelope comes open and resealed.
Probably it is done by the customs, but if you have only documents and credit cards, they let it go through.

I got my election ballot by DHL one time, super quick, no issues.

As Lunar mentioned it's possible aduana will open it to see if there's anything worth stealing, I mean to ensure everything is kosher, but again, no issues, just wish they taped it up better.

They are in my experience the most reliable out of all the couriers for delivery into Argentina and sending stuff elsewhere.

I've been using DHL regularly for years. Never a problem as long as you don't run afoul of Customs.

Have you also considered Royal Mail? I sent a large letter with them and it took about a month and the tracking throughout was pretty good

Royal Mail takes forever because they use Correos Argentinos for the Argentine leg and if there‘s a hint of needing to pay any duty it won’t arrive.

Royal Mail takes forever because they use Correos Argentinos for the Argentine leg and if there‘s a hint of needing to pay any duty it won’t arrive.
Yeah at least half the time if I remember right was with Correos Argentinos

Back