How Safe Is Ba?

jaja well i hope that is the general perception on thief around here, then acording to you i look like a poor lad in my avatar picture :p

I don't understand why when i try to quote it never works

jaja well i hope that is the general perception on thief around here, then acording to you i look like a poor lad in my avatar picture :p

I don't understand why when i try to quote it never works
Exactly, if I were the Chorro, would go after "Eugenia" she looks "foreigner", you do indeed too street wise! Ha,ha,haaa.....No offense intended despite.

Despite being attacked in a club (punched in the face 3 times, and hit with a bottle on the back of the head, had to get stitches) I think BA is actually pretty safe. In 2 years here, I've never seen any violence aside from my single experience, and I'm pretty sure the guy was doing cocaine.

Another tip, the city is made of of avenues (avenidas) (which are big and have more traffic), and streets. At night, stick to the avenues, because they will generally have more people on them and it will be a bit safer.

I'm not a motochorro and I would still go after ''Eugenia'' because she looks ''hot'', but in reality ,i'm sure she's in better shape than me and would out run me :p

I can only go on personal experience.
Almost 45 years living in my home country, the UK, all over the place, including big cities,one break in/burglary at my factory and a handbag theft in a restaurant.
Two years living in Spain, my house broken into and a bicycle theft which I could have avoided.
Nine years (2005 to date) living in BA and two armed robberies at my shop, two car break ins and a mugging outside our front door as well as countless other crimes which have happened to close friends and relatives nearby.
Personally, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in the statistics from the USA as this topic is only relative to the here and now.
Furthermore, would you really care if you were sitting in a Buenos Aires police station, giving a sworn statement about a crime that just happened to you and some smart ass came up to you and said 'Well, statistically speaking, in the USA.......................'?? No, you'd tell them to go forth and multiply.
Frankly, I don't feel safe, for the first time in my life and I know that when I go home for a visit in a few months, I won't worry about this.
Boy, won't that be wonderful?

I'm from LA which has its fair share of crime overall but it varies GREATLY from area to area. I pretty much knew where I shouldn't go and it was pretty much as simple as that. In BA however it could be any neighborhood at any time. I will say that although I am sure that I am more likely to be a victim of petty theft here in BA, I feel more likely to be a victim of random violence in LA. I never feel that I'm going to get attacked for looking at someone the wrong way here..

Back