How Safe Really Is Ba?

Even if you are dangerous or dangerous looking, being the grey man will always keep you on the margin, which is a safe place to be.

just look a bit dangerous yourself when you walk the streets and you would be fine.

Or you got to be dark skinned, I was chatting with my colleague and we were talking about robbery and stuff, and I told her I never got robbed, and she replied, No offence but you look like them ;)

There was a rash of brazen underwear street robberies in my neighborhood last month. I watched two motochorros steal a man's whitie tighties as he was walking across the street. The man just kept walking - never knew he was "breezing" until he got to the other side when an elderly woman pointed it out to him. By then the perps were long gone.

Best not to be a target - so I've stopped wearing underwear.

Be safe out there!

GS

Wow..I'll be honest, the robbery stuff is a little unnerving. I am not some dainty thing, but being solo in a sketchy place where robbery like that comes up a few times in such a small sample size it kind of makes you wonder. Is Buenos Aires the safest City in South America?

My wife and I have lived here for almost 2 years now and we haven't gotten robbed. We have been lucky though since robberies do happen but if you're scared of someone stealing some money from you then maybe you should rethink visiting most countries in the world.

Buenos Aires is not the safest city in the world but its not the most dangerous either. You need to be aware of your surroundings (without being paranoid). If you really don't want to venture into areas where you might get robbed then stick to Puerto Madero. Not saying you'll have fun there or anything but that's the safest part of the city. Or better yet, get a hotel in Puerto Madero and stick to your hotel room.

If you want to have fun then don't worry so much about getting robbed. If it happens, go back to your hotel room, get your dollars, convert them at the blue rate and laugh at the robbers who robbed your pesos since those pesos will lose their value by about 90-95% in a couple of years.

There was a rash of brazen underwear street robberies in my neighborhood last month. I watched two motochorros steal a man's whitie tighties as he was walking across the street. The man just kept walking - never knew he was "breezing" until he got to the other side when an elderly woman pointed it out to him. By then the perps were long gone.

Best not to be a target - so I've stopped wearing underwear.

Be safe out there!

GS

I can't believe this! My friend's mom's aunt's daughter's friend's best friend from elementary school saw a similar thing happen by the Obelisk. Given all the crime, my partner and I are considering moving to another big city -- preferably one where no crime exists. Any ideas?

Back