How Safe Really Is Ba?

Do what I did, get some tattoos on your face and just have it removed when you go back to the states, no one will try anything then, added bonus you can take short cuts home through any villa.

There are no drive-bys in BA, and no school massacres with AK-47s.

Yes but then this happened yesterday, Av Libertador during traffic jam:

Edit: to explain what's going on -- guy in white SUV had window down, two motorcycles came up on either side, you can see one of the guys reaches in the window and unlocks door and they open it, look like they're going to pull the guy out of the car. Driver did the right thing, with one exception, he should have knocked over the motorcycle on his way out of their.

And driving up Juan B Justo the other day headed for lunch on a saturday in P Hollywood and at the light some guy tried to rob someone stopped at the light -- tried reaching in the window, he ran away with a purse or whatever fortunately a pedestrian caught up to him and had him down on the ground with his knee in his back while the patrullero still moseyed on up the street patiently to get him.

That video is a stark reminder of how brazen those motherf*****s are.
Yes, i would like to have seen him reverse actually, which would have knocked over the bloke trying to get at them.
Trouble is that the chorro often ends up as the victim in this day and age.

That video is a stark reminder of how brazen those motherf*****s are.
Yes, i would like to have seen him reverse actually, which would have knocked over the bloke trying to get at them.
Trouble is that the chorro often ends up as the victim in this day and age.

Yes and then they turn around and sue the victim for assault.

I'm not a tourist, I live here, I speak Spanish always when I'm in the street. Was it my fault when 2 motorchooros tried to snatch my purse as I walked down the street in Las Canitas in the middle of the afternoon?

Sorry, I just hate when I read that. You can take all the precautions you want, you can blend in completely and you can still be a victim of a crime. Plenty of my Argentine friends and family can attest to that.

I didnt mean to upset you... you are right.. anyone can have a hangbag stolen....I didnt mean to say there is NO crime here.....I know someone who was in Once and had a gold chain grabbed off her neck as she was waiting for a bus..... but i think people can also help prevent problems... not all the time!!!... but sometimes new tourists put themselves in a situation...

I was walking in Puerto Madero a few days ago and some tall, scruffy guy walked past holding something that looked like a gun.

Hmmm. What day? That may have been me. Though I would have been holding an iPod and not a gun.

All good, you didn't upset me. And I totally agree with taking precautions (ie, not walking around by yourself at night, not being drunk on the street, not wearing expensive jewelry or watches etc). I just am very aware b/c of what happened to me. And I always remind people that while taking precautions will LESSEN your chances of getting mugged or having your car stolen, it can still happen.

And I can't believe that video. So awful. This is what scares me here - it's just so brazen.

Back