how to go to El Palomar airport

cricri58

Registered
Hello, Soon the Aeroparque airport will be closed, I am flying to Montevideo from El Palomar airport. Any idea to avoid taking a cab? Perhaps a suburban train or bus, even if it is time consuming....
Gracias

It looks as if the entrance is right next to Estación El Palomar on the San Martin Line. Also colectivos 53 (Parque Lezama, Plaza Constitución, Plaza Primera Junta ... Est. El Palomar) and 123 (Chacarita cemetery ... Est. El Palomar) may be useful to you.

Gosh! I didn't know there were civillian flights from El Palomar and thought all the regular traffic from Aeroparque was being rerouted through Ezeiza for the duration. That aside, I've passed El Palomar airfield on the LSM train between Retiro and Pilar: the railway station El Palomar seems to be only a few cuadras from the terminal building. I've only ever passed it in the train so all usual disclaimers apply - and tell us how the trip goes, won't you?

id does not close till december 8? what airline i fly pluna... including today...

1) Yes, you can take the San Martín train (a bit of an adventure), get off at the Palomar station and take a taxi to the airport (I personally wouldn't walk there). Its about a 5 minute taxi ride. There are two taxi stands right outside of the station.

The San Martín train ride from Retiro is 50 minutes, and about 35-40 from Palermo. Give yourself plenty of time since the train is often delayed.

2) Another option is to take the Urquiza train (much nicer, safer, cleaner and more reliable than the San Martín). Take the train from the Lemos station in Chacarita, get off at Martín Coronado and take a taxi (there is a stand behind the station) to Palomar. The train ride will be about 30-35 minutes and the taxi will take another 15 minutes. This would be the least stressful option, in my opinion.

3) If for some reason you can't take either train, the 123 bus passes by the Chacarita station and goes to Palomar, BUT it will be a 1-2 hour ride.

If you have any other questions, let me know. I know the area quite well.

EDIT: See update below. Taxi station is right near train station.

You're very welcome. I forgot to add that if you take a remís to El Palomar, expect to pay around $100 pesos each way.

any suggestions on how to drive there. Ie Buen Ayre or General pass.

mcaffa said:
1) Yes, you can take the San Martín train (a bit of an adventure), get off at the Palomar station and take a taxi to the airport. Its about a 5 minute taxi ride. There are two taxi stands right outside of the station.

Wait! Don't listen to what I wrote earlier. The airport is about 2 blocks away from the LSM train station in El Palomar. I thought it was farther away but I was wrong. Definitely walk - a taxi driver would laugh at you if you asked them to take you there.

Considering how truly close the airport is to the station, I would now suggest taking the San Martín rather than the Urquiza. Less complicated. Just make sure to give yourself time, as I had mentioned.

windy said:
any suggestions on how to drive there. Ie Buen Ayre or General pass.

Acceso Oeste. I wish I could tell you more but I don't drive in BA.

Back