How To Influence Effectively In This Culture

I have never been to Mejico, but is it really safer than Argentina? It does not seem like it when you see in the news a dozen heads hanging from a bridge, or a van full of corpses parked in the middle fo the highway, or more than 40 students disappear for protesting, or having more than 10 cities within the most violent in the world. But maybe I am wrong, as I said, never been to Mejico.

Its a different insecurity, actually. Besides the narco problem, which is not in Mexico City (but in the sorroundings, like Cuernavaca, where several has been killed some years ago but now the situation is getting better) the insecurity in Mexico is like more violent (the more common crime is secuestro) but less frequent.
The mexican is a lot more submissive, more like "obedient" to the social order, they accept more their condition of poor.

So, talking of Mexico City, where the narcos dont govern, the insecurity as we know it is less common, people rarely use weapons, steal you in the middle in the street, etc. But when it happens, when they get you, its a lot harder, the crime there is harder because they kidnap you, and they could easily kill you. Its like more violent but less frequent.

I think the question is 'does an Argentine with $1 000 000 flaunt his wealth less than a yank, brit or european with $1 000 000?' I dont think so.

I think they do. I know a lot of argentine multimillionaires that dirve a Toyota Corolla, a VW GOL, a Chevrolet Corsa, an old Ford Falcon, etc. The Argentine upper classes, is quite a big portion of the population. There are more than 5% of the country who could perfectly drive Feraris and they ddont, because its a matter of scale. These cars are much more common in Germany, where an upper middle class doctor could afford it, but here, those are luxuries cars. There are a lot of people in Argentina that have money, but they decide to take the low profile road. I think it obbeys to the society where they live(d) and how they were educated.

As I said, the ones you see, are novices, recently arrived and without education.

I know a person that doesn't wash his new Toyota Corolla because they don't want to "draw attention."

Forget influencing anyone... I'm just trying not to get scammed at every turn. :p

If this is the case then I think its more complex than simply saying that wealthy Argentines are better educated. Crime, fear of attracting AFIP, social and economical instability (ie saving for the rough patches), political or business enemies etc and a million other reasons should be considered. Maybe some rich are willing to take the risk and flaunt their wealth whilst others are restricted by external pressures rather than internal morality pressures. In Argentina you are pretty restricted as to where you can flaunt your wealth and will always carry a sense of insecurity when you do so unless you so rich that you can afford to lose the luxury item.

I know a person that doesn't wash his new Toyota Corolla because they don't want to "draw attention."

Forget influencing anyone... I'm just trying not to get scammed at every turn. :p

I dont clean my 5 year old $400 mountain bike for fear of drawing attention!

I'm confused. So Argentina isn't an egalitarian society?

Its actually kinda funny when you have no arguments and when you were refuted so hard, you look like *tender* to me. Its like you wanna fight. But you cant.

Its actually kinda funny when you have no arguments and when you were refuted so hard, you look like *tender* to me. Its like you wanna fight. But you cant.

It's actually pathetic that you repeat the same rhetoric over and over without actually saying anything.

What was your point at the beginning of this thread? That Argentina is "more" egalitarian than other South American countries? That really isn't saying much Matias. Then you made some inaccurate comment about Argentina being more egalitarian than some European countries. Again, someone on the thread pointed out to you the inaccuracy of your statement.

I respond to you with sarcasm and lame attempts at humor because I find your responses amusing. I stopped trying to engage you with meaningful conversation because you don't care about reality/facts. You've proven that thread after thread.

Do rich Argentines live on Av Libertador OR in Puerto madero OR in gated communities with house and swimming pool in Pilar?

If answer is yes to all three, who is the richest of all amongst the three?

--

I know one extremely rich person in CABA with ancesteral wealth and I know with 100% surety that he is super super rich. And he drives a really downtrodden, debilitated car. And he tells me , he wants to lie " really low"

If this is the case then I think its more complex than simply saying that wealthy Argentines are better educated. Crime, fear of attracting AFIP, social and economical instability (ie saving for the rough patches), political or business enemies etc and a million other reasons should be considered. Maybe some rich are willing to take the risk and flaunt their wealth whilst others are restricted by external pressures rather than internal morality pressures. In Argentina you are pretty restricted as to where you can flaunt your wealth and will always carry a sense of insecurity when you do so unless you so rich that you can afford to lose the luxury item.

Im not saying they are better educated, I dont know how does it work in other country. I put the example of Germany because their middle class is equivalent to our upper class. A BMW might be very common there and here is exclusively for the richs.
It has to do the insecurity of course, its not 100% pure "moral education", everything in these matters is pluri causal, theres not one only reason.

Afip? I dont think so, they have money to afford taxes as well.

The education has a lot to do, the richs in Argentina are not show off, are not like Ricardo Fort. In fact, they are quite the opposite. Yes, they have el campo, and a great great casona, and probably a beach house too, and a great appartment in the city, but they do not show off. I know this pretty well, believe me, people who could live in opulence here live in very normal (understood as statistically more frequent) conditions.

Back