How To Receive Tweets (From Twitter) In Argentina On Android

vantojo

Registered
Hola todos,

I have both a Claro and Movistar SIM chip. I use the prepago cards because I only use the phones for emergencies...thus no monthly fees.

Recently I joined a private Twitter group in the USA that puts out SMS alerts to cell phones....but I cannot get it to work on my pregago accounts here in Argentina.

For both chips, I sent an SMS with both Go and Start to 89338, which supposedly unlocks the account to receive SMS via Twitter?

But when I ask Twitter to send a confirmation code to the my phone I never receive it.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I used for a while the notifications of new twetts delivered to my email account.

It sounds to me like you signed up for a group that sends tweets via sms to your phone. Am I understanding correctly? They probably use one of those "send sms free on the internet" services. I've never had any luck getting one of those to work with an Argentine phone number so that may be the problem.

Maybe someone else has had more luck with those services.

If you Google it, there are some sites that allow to you enter two countries to see what number should be used to call between them. Trying checking that out and register the number that comes up. Then it should work

Back