How Was Your Very First Day In Argentina?

Re. cockroaches/cucarachas, in case you haven't been warned already: the one thing you never do is to smash them.

Half of our winged friends are females, and not only is it very rude to smash a female, but they may each contain up to 40 eggs. Smash'm and you risk to spread the eggs into every crack and cranny in the floor.

Guess what happens a couple of weeks later - or even later the same day, as the females carries the eggs round until just before the they hatch :eek: :eek:

You just made me squirm and choke on my morning coffee.
Repulsion isn't a strong enough word, no offence intended.

May 2004, I was 23 and came to Argentina to meet my 'boyfriend' which I had met online. I had never been to any South American country before and didn't really know anything about Argentina. I wasn't sure what to expect. I remember the plane touching down and feeling the butterflies in my stomach. Would he like me? Would I like him? Things can be different in person and this was before Skype or webcams really became a thing...

When I walked out I didnt see him at first... but he spotted me and when our eyes met I knew it would be okay. He gave me his jacket (being from South Florida I didn't even own one and didn't expect it to be so cold) and took me to his place. Didn't do much sightseeing on the first day, apart from the drive from the airport. ;) (We had our first kiss on the second day, so don't think too badly!)

That first visit was a whirlwind... romance, sightseeing, getting used to the language and customs... it was all very enchanting.

Almost 10 years later some of that enchantment has worn with the country, but still in love with my husband. :)
That's a lovely story Crema and very similar to my own. I was asking myself the very same questions on the plane, in baggage collection and the long, long walk to the exit/arrivals.
The only difference being that we had been teenage boyfriend/girlfriend many years before.
It must have been very different for you though; but you had the courage of your convictions to make that big leap.

2007 - Married in early September, and the wife left for BAires two days later. I came down on 2 October. What happened within the first few hours of my arrival is censored.

But later that night, new friends and La Cabrera!

Back