Huge Problems With More Money / Exchange4Free

What about someone that wants to get dollars out of the country by exchanging them here in return for wiring money to a US account. I'd be open to that, PM me if you know someone - with references.

They won't release my money into my bank account. I have sent them the statement showing it leaving my account to go to exchange4free. Now they are asking for documents showing how I earned my money, if it was an inheritance, salary, etc, in the firsst place!!! this is outrageous!
Please be warned it is gettting very hard to send money into argentina. I think it would be the same with cash pixck-up. Once over a certain annual amount it's impossible.
By the way this is a very small amount I am talking about and I am going overdrawn and unable to pay my bills.....

I went through the same process over a year ago with More Money/Xoom - so I don't think it's necessarily getting worse. They held my money for like 3 weeks or something after it had already left my account (it was a cash pick up) and I was livid. It's a super pain and feels invasive but once they have everything you shouldn't have any problems from there on out. However - the annual amount could be prohibitive. I can't remember what that amount is??

Ria offers better rates but I don't know if they send the funds through MORE or if they have a different Argentine partner. I recently tried to send money from my US bank to my Argentine account using Ria but,as I was using a computer in Argentina I got a message that I could only send funds from the US! Perhaps I could make the transfer if I used a VPN. I am going to try that before I use XOOM again. The difference in rates was significant.

https://www.riamoneytransfer.com/

The link doesn't work. I'll try googling Payoneer Mastercard.
The link works for me. The only concern for me is getting the card. Definitely worth doing if your going back to the States and can get it delivered there. I'm having a replacement credit card delivered to me by regular mail, if that one comes through without incident, I will definitely sign up.

The link works for me. The only concern for me is getting the card. Definitely worth doing if your going back to the states and can get it delivered there. I'm having a replacement credit card delivered to me by regular mail, if that one comes through without incident, I will definitely sign up.

It's free (at least it was when I subscribed) to get the card by regular mail so no risks and I eagerly await for my 25 bucks :p (people using my link will get 25 bucks too)

Just an update - I had to cancel the transfer. There was no way to provide documents proving source of funds since the statement only shows cheque entering and not the source. I am outside Argentina so can't use the various methods suggested by expats, I just hope things change soon! Thanks for your input anyway!

Another advantage with Payoneer for freelancers is that quite many companies (eLance, oDesk, many translation agencies, etc.) have a Payoneer account and can pay you directly on your card, in USD.

Advantage number 2: the daily withdrawal limit is 2.500 USD (purchases = 4.500 USD I think)

How much does it cost to use the Payoneer card per $1000? I think Xoom costs $20 per $1000. to get $2999. in Colonia.

Back