I Am A Chinese Now Living In Ba Learning Tango

I'd like to learn Chinese but what are my chances to learn the language? I am a 33 years old Argentinean guy, may I learn Chinese at my age? (considering Chinese is not something simple to learn). In the past I have seen how to write simple words like "China", "horse", "mountain", "woman" without having a teacher. Walking on Florida pedestrian street I saw signals written in Chinese in a perfume shop, and in the middle of many strange symbols (to me) I saw the world China: 中国 , this is when I started to be curious about Chinese, at current I don't have enough time but it is something in my list if I have decent chances to learn something.

I'd like to learn Chinese but what are my chances to learn the language? I am a 33 years old Argentinean guy, may I learn Chinese at my age? (considering Chinese is not something simple to learn). In the past I have seen how to write simple words like "China", "horse", "mountain", "woman" without having a teacher. Walking on Florida pedestrian street I saw signals written in Chinese in a perfume shop, and in the middle of many strange symbols (to me) I saw the world China: 中国 , this is when I started to be curious about Chinese, at current I don't have time but it is something in my list if I have decent chances to learn something.

Well done in writing 中国.And but you have ways to go to learn the rest of the functionary literacy of abouts 3~4 thousands of hanji!
多少个汉字

I'd like to learn Chinese but what are my chances to learn the language? I am a 33 years old Argentinean guy, may I learn Chinese at my age? (considering Chinese is not something simple to learn). In the past I have seen how to write simple words like "China", "horse", "mountain", "woman" without having a teacher. Walking on Florida pedestrian street I saw signals written in Chinese in a perfume shop, and in the middle of many strange symbols (to me) I saw the world China: 中国 , this is when I started to be curious about Chinese, at current I don't have time but it is something in my list if I have decent chances to learn something.

Most of the people have the feeling that Chinese is difficult to learn by looking at it's complicated characters. Actually it is true that one need time to study and remember all these words in order to read and write. But normally people start to learn Chinese from speaking and listening that is much easier than English , Spanish ......because the gramma is so simple . Usually after several months study of speaking, then start to learn the characters which are very interesting than most of other languages. By learning the characters , you will get to know a lot of Chinese cultures which are related to the language itself. As summary, to learning how to speak Chinese is easy , to learn how to read and write need time.

Most of the people have the feeling that Chinese is difficult to learn by looking at it's complicated characters. Actually it is true that one need time to study and remember all these words in order to read and write. But normally people start to learn Chinese from speaking and listening that is much easier than English , Spanish ......because the gramma is so simple . Usually after several months study of speaking, then start to learn the characters which are very interesting than most of other languages. By learning the characters , you will get to know a lot of Chinese cultures which are related to the language itself. As summary, to learning how to speak Chinese is easy , to learn how to read and write need time.

Thanks for your answer, your answer matches with what I have heard by word of mouth. I might be interested in taking Chinese classes in the future, at least to learn the most basic exp<b></b>ressions. I am interested in the official Chinese only. I think there are many flavors of Chinese but 1 of the flavors involves many people, so I am interested.

Heard a joke from an American expats living in LatAm.
An American goes in to a chinese restrn't. And orders this way:

Un Arroz frito por favor...The chinese mesero then asks: quele un alos flito, de baca ode puelco?

For Chinese nationals it is very hard to pronounce the "R" instead they do the conversion to the "L" always, he said..

Disappointed, that you don't give classes at the home of the student. My friend ( your future student) wanted to receive classes at his house.

It was a serious query for a friend of mine just arrived in Argentina. You could have done better, with a clear professional reply.

Then you write

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Do you do men to men classes? Do you do in-home private teaching.? I would like you to take me to the best Chinese restaurant but of course, I pay for Dinner etc.!. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Do you charge in Dollar or in Pesos? If i pay you in US$, do I get a better rate ( teaching fee ) etc.[/background]

then

Disappointed, that you don't give classes at the home of the student. My friend ( your future student) wanted to receive classes at his house.

Just saying and quoting.

Ceviche-san, Hmmm.., you are asking for her to render a very special service at your apartamento! When that happens, she may even teach you how to make the proper chinese boiled chicken, then eating the morsel thus drinking the soup...After, it might go beyound platonic relations !

Back