I got my citizenship after 6 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
I swear I was about to repeat a version of a comment I’ve made a few times on this forum, saying basically that I am happy to salute someone that appears - despite our frequent, vocal and substantial disagreements - to be a consummate pro at his job.

I am happy I read till the end. Now, I can only salute camel on having the magnanimity to express appreciation to a lawyer who seriously futzed up his case twice, moreover when key to the resolution of that case turned out to be the exact thing he claims is never needed - residency.

Unfortunately, just based on my own story, we can't draw the conclusion that residency was the key to my case. Not with just one data point, that's not how science works. So we'll probably never know if I would have won my case without residency. Bajo_cero won my case, and I thank him for that. Maybe he's playing 4-D chess and I was playing checkers. I'm giving my experience, I'm not trying to beat up on bajo. In fact, someone just messaged me privately asking if I would still recommend bajo_cero, and I said yes, "for a hard case like mine, I still would recommend him..." But I'd also recommend getting residency if you can.

What I wish I knew, is the reason the judge (or the secretaria, or whoever calls the shots) wanted to deny me citizenship, even though I met the requirements of the citizenship law. Was it my criminal history? Was it because I didn't have residency? Was it my last name (not latino)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back