I hate dulce de leche

Lamb

Registered
I hate it! I know people on here like to complain about more serious things, but i just had to say it. Being a big lover of anything sweet, this stuff is just too much for me, and its in freaking everything! Its just sad that when youre about to put your teeth in a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake, you discover that a 5 cm thick layer is made of - of course - dulce de leche...

Anyone share my anti-passion for this thing?

Sorry, I love it. From the cheapies (can't recall any names) to the more expensive (latapitia, salamandra...)

Once i was in this German style bakery somewhere outside the city, and we were buying a cake. I asked the woman if she had one without ddl, and she ask me: How come all these northern Europeans dont like it? I dont know how many tourists ever entered that shop, i suppose not many, but at least it made me feel like i wasnt crazy. It really does taste bad :D

Lamb said:
I hate it! I know people on here like to complain about more serious things, but i just had to say it. Being a big lover of anything sweet, this stuff is just too much for me, and its in freaking everything! Its just sad that when youre about to put your teeth in a delicious looking piece of chocolate cake, you discover that a 5 cm thick layer is made of - of course - dulce de leche...

Anyone share my anti-passion for this thing?
Me too. Nasty business.

i hate DDL with a passion but would NEVER say so in front of my argentine friends (except one who hates it, too). hence i stay away from all sweets here because it's just about impossible to find anything without that nasty stuff.

yeah, i never eat it
except in certain social situations where its easier to just eat a little than spend 20 minutes justifying why you cant stand it

I think it's an acquired taste. I didn't used to like it the first couple of years I was here, but now I do. There are different varieties, I like the thick rather than the translucent one. And I love those little dulce candy bars like Vauquita...

mariposa said:
i hate DDL with a passion but would NEVER say so in front of my argentine friends (except one who hates it, too). hence i stay away from all sweets here because it's just about impossible to find anything without that nasty stuff.

You have friends from here that hate it???? :eek: I do say it though, i dont care how they react haha.

Back