I hate dulce de leche

Add another to the list of "not impressed" by dulce de leche. :) I wouldn't say I hate it... but when eating cake or desserts, it's not uncommon to see a pile of dulce de leche on my plate which I have managed to eat around or separate with my fork. A little is okay... half a pound in *everything* is not. I think I'd like it more if it wasn't so empalagoso! Churros that have dulce de leche are a crime against humanity in my opinion... what a way to ruin a churro. What about good old fashioned chocolate filled or dipped pastries? :p

Of course Argies are probably as put off by peanut butter as some of us are by dulce de leche. ;) Though lately the US has been more accepting of dulce de leche, considering you can buy it in a lot of supermarkets.

I hate dulce de leche, i don't like peanut butter at all, and i detest marmite....

Hache said:
I'd have you stoned with empty dulce de leche plastic pots, so you wouldn't die but would got a few scratches in your forehead. :D

This struck me as an excessively violent solution, but inspired another.

If you know someone who hates ducle de leche, get them stoned and make sure there are no other sweets in the house.

They will beg for it.

I hated it the first few years but now I LOVE it! I can eat it by the spoonful. I guess I'm turning into an Argentine. That said, they do go a bit overboard -- I mean must it really be in every single postre?

I don't particularly like it but I'll eat it. My kids however, who generally like ANYTHING sweet, detest it. Indeed, it seems to be impossible to get chocolate cream filled anything here, unfortunately. How about Nutella - now THERE is something for a culture to be proud of! Maybe that should be the next poll question... Which pastry filling is best: chocolate, vanilla?, Nutella or DDL? What say the forum?

GuyinBA said:
I don't particularly like it but I'll eat it. My kids however, who generally like ANYTHING sweet, detest it. Indeed, it seems to be impossible to get chocolate cream filled anything here, unfortunately. How about Nutella - now THERE is something for a culture to be proud of! Maybe that should be the next poll question... Which pastry filling is best: chocolate, vanilla?, Nutella or DDL? What say the forum?

Havanna makes an alfajor that has chocolate cream filling rather than DDL. It's the only alfajor I ate the first few months because the rest had that nasty goo in them.

Then I got over my aversion and started consuming DDL. I don't buy it, because it's pure belly fat in about 2 hours. But I do loves me's somes chorros relleno con DDL. Yum.

And if we're going alfajor, give me the maicena ones 8 days a week. I can tolerate the other kind, but I prefer not to.

i F'ing LOVE nutella. Thing is , i dont like it too much at room temperature , I like it more refrigerated, something that makes it reall dificult to spread.
Yummies , now im jonesing nutella . s it available here ?

I just think its funny that we have posters named "Eclair" and "Napoleon" on this thread. Coincidence?

I don't like it at all, way way way too sweet. That much sugar kills your ability to taste anything.

Back