I want to fly away cheaply

Unfortunately, due to the insane Argie tax structure/systems, there generally aren't cheap flights anywhere. Usually, for example, it's more expensive to fly from Bariloche to BA than it is to fly from Bariloche to BA with a stop-over in Santiago de Chile.

There aren't really many deals to anywhere in South America. The reason is that there aren't that many flights or carriers compared to say North America to Europe as an example. Less competition here means the airlines can and do charge higher fares. Its probably one of the worse markets for getting a deal that I can think of.

You just have to keep looking, and looking, and looking. And be open to changing your mind from going in July to going in late August / Sept / Oct. Last year Iberia had deals to Paris / Milan / Barcelona for that time. But cheap doesn't exist the way it used to -- oil is up, flights are all minimum 1000 bucks it seems.

Sometimes there are flights out of Santiago de Chile for much cheaper than out of BA.

Also, check Copa/Continental airlines -- they occasionally have deals out of Cordoba instead of EZE departure.

If anyone see any decent prices going to Miami let me know. I got a family of 5 & IT SUCKS!!

You should follow this thread on Flyertalk:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mileage-run-deals-372/
Not very often, but sometimes there are flights ex EZE and then you can make a bargain.

Also, you could use the ITA Software: http://matrix.itasoftware.com/
Here you can do a search for a whole month, specify the length of the stay and see the cheapest date to fly. Often you find the fares at lower price here, but you can't buy them through ITA. You have to send the fare construction to a travel agent. The fare construction you will find in the itinerary and it also specifies the price.

You might want to consider staying local. Flying to Salter, renting a car and driving to either Jujuy or Cafayete, so beautiful, high desert. Great hotels either way and fabulous hiking. It really is like being in another world, a good vacation.
Nancy

There are no bargain weekly airfares from BA, like airline promotions in the First World. LAN has some great promotions. You can probably sign up for their emails. I am currently in Mexico. I paid US$680.00 incl taxes rt EZE to MEX (great meal free wine.)
Howard... Check Orbitz or Air France; US1,538 rt BA to Lon incl. taxes.

;O seems there are a lot of cheap flights TO bs as

but none out of here

oh well
god bless u all
much love
jammy . J. K.

Back