I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

Some additional problems that might show up, at least it did to me (pseudo-tourist, no DNI, yet). Though Delta was happy to sell me a ticket EZE-AMS-EZE (via Atlanta, return departure from Brussels, which was about $300 less), they refused me onto the plane back in Brussels. They said I needed proof of Argentine citizenship or residency, else they could not let me on the plane, being afraid I would sent back at EZE, which might be on their planes.

I told them that I planned to leave over land (which I normally do and have dozens of stamps to prove it, we live 50km from Chile), but to no avail. I also asked them why they sold me a return ticket from/to Argentina if I could not use it, but no.

One helpful man at the Delta counter tried to help out by selling me a 100% refundable Delta ticket back to AMS/BRU, which I could then supposedly have canceled after having landed. The costs was so high (over $3500), that my Credit card could not handle it and I did not have enough cash. It took over 30 minutes to find a solution while the plane finished boarding.

In the end I managed to get quickly to a travel agency at the airport and get a one-way ticket BA- Montevideo, which was the cheapest flight out of the country in the next 3 months (still about $200 I think. With that useless paper, I was let on. No more Delta, I had no problems before, but will avoid them.

Just FYI, might be good to have some proof of living in AR with you when boarding abroad.

Did you have any problems when you arrived at Ezeiza? Did you have to show your onward ticket? How long was you out of the country for? What is the meaning of life?

Some additional problems that might show up, at least it did to me (pseudo-tourist, no DNI, yet). Though Delta was happy to sell me a ticket EZE-AMS-EZE (via Atlanta, return departure from Brussels, which was about $300 less), they refused me onto the plane back in Brussels. They said I needed proof of Argentine citizenship or residency, else they could not let me on the plane, being afraid I would sent back at EZE, which might be on their planes.

I told them that I planned to leave over land (which I normally do and have dozens of stamps to prove it, we live 50km from Chile), but to no avail. I also asked them why they sold me a return ticket from/to Argentina if I could not use it, but no.

One helpful man at the Delta counter tried to help out by selling me a 100% refundable Delta ticket back to AMS/BRU, which I could then supposedly have canceled after having landed. The costs was so high (over $3500), that my Credit card could not handle it and I did not have enough cash. It took over 30 minutes to find a solution while the plane finished boarding.

In the end I managed to get quickly to a travel agency at the airport and get a one-way ticket BA- Montevideo, which was the cheapest flight out of the country in the next 3 months (still about $200 I think. With that useless paper, I was let on. No more Delta, I had no problems before, but will avoid them.

Just FYI, might be good to have some proof of living in AR with you when boarding abroad.

As has been posted on this site many times, all airlines have the right to request proof of onward travel if the passenger is neither a citizen nor a resident of the destination country. This policy has been in effect for well over fifty years. It was one of the first important provisions that I was obliged to enforce as a new employee (city ticket office) of Pan American Airways back in 1970. Since most airline employees today lack proper training, it's not surprising that this policy is often forgotten or simply ignored.

Did you have any problems when you arrived at Ezeiza? Did you have to show your onward ticket? How long was you out of the country for? What is the meaning of life?

42?

No problems, nothing asked, was away for a week to Europe.

As has been posted on this site many times, all airlines have the right to request proof of onward travel if the passenger is neither a citizen nor a resident of the destination country. This policy has been in effect for well over fifty years. It was one of the first important provisions that I was obliged to enforce as a new employee (city ticket office) of Pan American Airways back in 1970. Since most airline employees today lack proper training, it's not surprising that this policy is often forgotten or simply ignored.

How would you proof onward travel overland? It is not rare for travellers to do road trips by car, bicycle etc.

42?

No problems, nothing asked, was away for a week to Europe.

How would you proof onward travel overland? It is not rare for travellers to do road trips by car, bicycle etc.

The proof on onward travel policy is to protect the airline from being subjected to possible fines and/or incurring the cost of deportation passage. They are not concerned (read: they could care less) about the fact that a passenger may be traveling onward by auto or other land transportation, so it is in their best interest to be assured that all passengers have some type of proof of onward travel from the destination country.

I have overstayed my visa by quite a lot. I am listed as retired and do not work here, so I am not taking jobs or money from Argentines. In fact, I have spent a lot of money here. I will be happy to pay the $300 peso fine on the way out.I came in on my British passport, but if they "ban" me, I am wondering if I can come back on my USA passport and just pay the reciprocity fee?

Hi! I have 2 passports as well. I am going to Brazil next week and I am going to switch my passports. I am pretty sure, this technique will work as long as you are not staying (or going in and out) in the country for more then 180 days.

Hi! I have 2 passports as well. I am going to Brazil next week and I am going to switch my passports. I am pretty sure, this technique will work as long as you are not staying (or going in and out) in the country for more then 180 days.

It was my belief that you have to enter the country (in this case Brazil) on the same passport you used to exit the country you were coming from (unless it's one of the countries for which you hold the passport). I could be wrong though. Once I was going to Brazil and there was a stupid American couple who didn't have their visas; had no idea they needed them... one had an Israeli passport and the customs guy was saying to the other, 'you really don't have another passport you can use also?' I couldn't believe it!

Back