I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

lets not go so deep in to English language.

Tourism and intention of living /working in a country are two different things.

Want to call it "pseudo tourist/fake tourist" etc is all same same.

Immigrants are not idiots because they are robbed. Double M, it is not about correcting a none native English speaker and a weird word as "vulture".

I think you posted in the wrong thread.
People, not tourist, are stupid for being robbed under very predictable circumstancies. That thread was about the famous canadian and i explained how me, not a tourist, was attacked for been stupid too.

<p>
lets not go so deep in to English language.

Tourism and intention of living /working in a country are two different things.

Want to call it "pseudo tourist/fake tourist" etc is all same same.

The question was asked, "What separates a real tourist from a fake tourist?"

This is important information to anyone who has been making the visa runs to Uruguay but may never have heard the exp<b></b>ression perma-tourist, pseudo-tourist, or fake tourist and may not be aware that all three apply to them. What they could learn here might not only save them time and money by not making unnecessary trips but also keep them from being denied reentry in the future.

When I arrived in 2006 no one used any of those exp<b></b>ressions and many (including me) believed that getting a new 90 day visa was the "best" way of staying in the country "legally" without having temporary residency. Fortunately, I was able to qualify for temporary residency before my one and only 90 day extension expired, but I had planned to start making the visa runs if I had not been granted the residency.

That could have been worse than pointless, it could have (eventually) been detrimental to staying in Argentina.

It's simple, you are here over 180 days per year and you are living here. As i pointed long time ago, this definition is at the income tax law.

Is there any reasonable explanation why it happens when it does and why it doesn't happen to everyone with "too many" stamps in their passport?

Of course we only "know" about those who have posted their stories here. Is there any way to know how many foreigners have been denied entry for tourist visa abuse in the past six months or the past year?

No, and I think that's the whole point. There's no system, there's no method, it's luck of the draw really. That being said, they still seem to be way more lenient than many other countries, and none of us have any right to be complaining if the luck doesnt fall our way when we are breaking the laws that sometimes get enforced.

Well, more detentions at Ezeiza:

http://www.diariojud...ticia_0002.html

This time, the penitenciary agency expressed this concern on the matter.

Here is a google translation of the article:

Claims by aliens detained at the airport of Ezeiza

The Procurator's Office of the Nation (PPN) expressed his "concern" over the detention of foreign agencies in the Airport Security Police (PSA) has in Ezeiza. Trying to improve their "prison conditions" and filed a habeas corpus.

The Procurator's Office of the Nation (PPN) expressed his "concern" about the arrest of two foreigners in dependencies Airport Security Police (PSA) has in Ezeiza.

It is two people of foreign nationalities, the Dominican Republic and Peru, which are being held. The Procurator's Office "they noted the worrying state of arrest of two people staying in the dependencies that the Airport Security Police (PSA) has at Ezeiza International Airport, have undertaken and implemented several actions," they said.

Actions that are "focused" in parallel on two key issues were made: "Improvements in the conditions under which the detention was carried out"; and "continue to monitor the action of habeas corpus filed by the illegal arrest of these people."

Since the agency explained that people are in "poor conditions of detention" and from the proposals some advances that are reported as "daily possibility of leaving the dungeon for 1 hour and other small improvements related to their health and hygiene needs are managed ".

"We maintained regular contact will the Commission for Migrants and Official Public Defender before the Federal Courts of Tax Foreclosure Tax" explained from the body.

And they said that in the last days of freedom of one of them was achieved. "Through the established telephone contact with Peruvian citizen knowledge they had on Saturday October 4th Dominican citizen finally won their freedom," appropriated.

"We ensure that in the coming days, when operating the expiration of the extended retention established Peruvian citizen, the National Court of First Instance on Administrative and Federal Secretariat No. 8 15adopte discharging identical criteria" they concluded. Both were arrested on 25 August.

Back