I Was Denied Entry At Ezeiza

You simply have to exit a country on the same passport you entered on. You can enter the next country on whatever passport. The only time that mightily raise questions is when immigration in the new country looks at passenger manifest and compares passport numbers. Even then, it isn't wrong, they just may ask to see other passport. And I doubt migraciónes here is cross referencing anyways.

How would you proof onward travel overland? It is not rare for travellers to do road trips by car, bicycle etc.

Any country has the right - and most do so - to demand proof that you will be leaving. Your plans may include overland travel, but this is not their problem - the burden of proof that you will be leaving falls squarely on the traveler.

Possible ways of doing so would be a ticket home from the next country, or proof of accommodation at your next destination. In any case, no airline is being out of line for asking you for proof you'll be leaving.

You simply have to exit a country on the same passport you entered on. You can enter the next country on whatever passport. The only time that mightily raise questions is when immigration in the new country looks at passenger manifest and compares passport numbers. Even then, it isn't wrong, they just may ask to see other passport. And I doubt migraciónes here is cross referencing anyways.

I had gotten this presumption the first time I went to Bolivia; there was a girl who was American but also carried a Dutch passport and when she entered Bolivia, she tried to use her Dutch passport so as not to pay the visa fee; I believe she was coming in overland from Argentina but I could be wrong; maybe it was from Chile. She said that they realized she didn't have an exit stamp and wouldn't let her enter without using her American passport and paying the visa fee. Now I think maybe they were just trying to shake her down. Anyway, sorry for spreading misinformation!!

Any country has the right - and most do so - to demand proof that you will be leaving. Your plans may include overland travel, but this is not their problem - the burden of proof that you will be leaving falls squarely on the traveler.

Possible ways of doing so would be a ticket home from the next country, or proof of accommodation at your next destination. In any case, no airline is being out of line for asking you for proof you'll be leaving.

Exactly!

Never count on the current consular staff of the Embassy to do a damn for you. Don´t ever let me get started on that topic!

Hi folks... I have overstayed by 2 months (first time in Argentina and first overstay) and agonized on this forum and in other places whether i should go to Uruguay for 1 day or simply overstay and pay on departure. In the end I opted to "stay under the radar" and overstay . I am going to Brazil on Friday where I have a house. I was at the airport (EZE) 2 days ago to get a low down of what I need to do... it seems very straight forward. I said to the lady behind the desk that I was leaving the country in 2 days but that I had overstayed. She was very unconcerned and said that I simply need to come on the day and pay the fine (300). The bank is 50 meters from the immigration booth and it seems very straightforward. I guess the real test is what happens on Friday and what happens when I try to re-enter the country in 3 months.

Back