I wish them well, it's about time for choice.

PhilipDT said:
I thought this whole life starts at conception crap went out the window when it was shown that under this view that modern birth control causes "abortions"

Sorry, but your comment is "crap" - you simply don't know enough about the subject.

Methods like the diaphragm or the pill don't cause abortions - they keep them from getting started.

Not to mention Trojans which, properly used, not only prevent pregnancies but venereal diseases as well.

SaraSara said:
That is not so. Methods like the diaphragm or the pill don't.

Pill does.

In addition to reducing the risk of conception one of the main operations of the pill is to prevent fertilized eggs from embedding themselves on the uterine wall, causing them to be flushed out with the next menstruation. Basically abortion.

Hope you haven't been using the pill too long...

PhilipDT said:
Pill does.

In addition to reducing the risk of conception one of the main operations of the pill is to prevent fertilized eggs from embedding themselves on the uterine wall, causing them to be flushed out with the next menstruation. Basically abortion.

Hope you haven't been using the pill too long...

I believe you are confusing the pill with IUD devices, which indeed make the uterus reject fertilized eggs.

But Thanks for your concern. I'll nobly refrain from asking what you yourself do to prevent pregnancies in your partners - if you have any.

SaraSara said:
Thanks for your concern. I'll nobly refrain from asking what you yourself do to prevent pregnancies in your partners - if you have any.

My options are somewhat more limited, I stick to trojan method you mentioned above.

But good job dodging the complete substance of my post.

PhilipDT said:
My options are somewhat more limited, I stick to trojan method you mentioned above.

But good job dodging the complete substance of my post.
And mine and many others also.

We are not discussing Choice here 600,000 Argentine girls elected to not deliver one more human form into an already over burdened socio economic enviro disaster called earth. They became criminals. And they didn't have a choice.

ghost said:
And mine and many others also.

We are not discussing Choice here 600,000 Argentine girls elected to not deliver one more human form into an already over burdened socio economic enviro disaster called earth. They became criminals. And they didn't have a choice.

They did have a choice: they could have chosen not to have unprotected sex.

Lee said:
That is a very low blow (so to speak).

You are normally quite the voice of reason but this topic goes beyond reason.

I think that this thread should be closed.

No good can come from it.

You are right. I'm bowing out of this thread.

But before I go, one last thought: instead of wasting time and effort pushing abortion rights, it would be far better to push for better sex education and free birth control devices. Abortion is not a simple procedure - it often leaves deep emotional and physical scars in those unlucky enough to have to resort to it.

SaraSara said:
You are right. I'm bowing out of this thread.

But before I go, one last thought: instead of wasting time and effort in pushing abortion rights, it would be far better to push for better sex education and free birth control devices. Abortion is not a simple procedure - it often leaves deep emotional and physical scars in those unlucky enough to have to resort to it.

There are lots of things in life that leave deep emotional and physical scars, including miscarriages, botched back alley abortions, giving up your child for adoption, etc, etc.

I don't think anyone should have an abortion, but I believe every woman should have the right to make up her own mind. It's not up to me to decide for someone else. If a woman does decided to have an abortion she should have access to a safe legal abortion and counseling if she needs/wants it.

Not everyone believe life begins at conception, not everyone believes in God. It's up to each person to deal with the consequences of their choice. Some woman have no physical or emotional scars.

I also suport better sex ed & free birth control. AND I also believe adoptions should be easier. Right now they are a huge PITA in many countries leaving kids to languish in orphanages for years.

Back