Ignorance or bliss?

jaredwb

Registered
The ridiculous Economy Minister Amado Boudou says "inflation only affects the mid and upper class".

Trade Secretary Moreno says 2010 will experience only a 10/11% increase and that the Government economic mouthpiece Indec has the "The one" real way of measuring inflation (not the World wide standard).

Really, are the Argentinos y Argentinas (CFK) that ignorant?? Or are they just living in a state of Government propaganda bliss??

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/50013

Any country with these idiots in office have reason to be very scared.

jaredwb said:
Really, are the Argentinos y Argentinas (CFK) that ignorant?? Or are they just living in a state of Government propaganda bliss??

d.

..... They are just living in a state of government propaganda bliss. You all didn't expect CFK to change her ways did you? She is still living in the same fantasyland.

This is what happens when you force out of office realistic and educated economists and put people in office that are in your back pocket. When you put a mouthpiece in office you get ridiculous quotes like this....

earlyretirement said:
This is what happens when you force out of office realistic and educated economists and put people in office that are in your back pocket. When you put a mouthpiece in office you get ridiculous quotes like this....

Well, in fact was a very educated economist from Harvard the one who created the 2001 crisis.

In 1989 there was another huge crisis related to following FMI economy advices from very well educated economist from the US....

In fact, any country that follow FMI advice falls into crisis, this is a fact.

You mention the word realistic. Let´s be realistic. This country is growing close to 10% per year using.....bad educated economist? Doesn´t it sound a little arrogant?

You probably meant well educated on free market economy school.

The well educated economist on Keynes economy school in this country seems to be doing well their job.

You mention the word ignorance. Did you know that the argentinian debt is tie to inflation. Did you know that INDEC is the authority that rules on how much inflation we have. That this official info is used to settle how much interest we have to pay. So, with those lies they are saving a lot of money.

Inflation is tricky nowadays. Prices rise meanwhile the dollar freeze. Perhaps this means a devaluation of the dollar instead of inflation. Who knows, I quit economy at university because I was bored.
Regards

jaredwb said:
Any country with these idiots in office have reason to be very scared.

Well, I think that people who live in a country with a huge crisis but with economist and politicians who have the magic idea of...printing money to give them to banks, constinue expending money in very expensive wars and who insist in the same recipe that created the crisis as a way to solve it among some others naive solutions, those people have really good reasons to be very scared.

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, I think that people who live in a country with a huge crisis but with economist and politicians who have the magic idea of...printing money to give them to banks, constinue expending money in very expensive wars and who insist in the same recipe that created the crisis as a way to solve it among some others naive solutions, those people have really good reasons to be very scared.

Sadly, a typical response of many Argentines: shift the responsibility for the current inept government away from ourselves and our bad choices, and focus all attention on that Evil Empire, the United States.

In bad thunderstorms, a lightning rod comes very handy.

You make a good point Sara, but I think most Argentines point the finger directly at the ineptitude of this administration.

Bajo_cero, I am really at a loss after reading your post.

Just a few points
- The economy isn't growing at anywhere near 10% a year and never has been. From '03 - '06, it was close to .08%. In '07, that dropped to 7%, '08 to 5% and in '09, the economy contracted about -2.8%.

You admit that the INDEC figures are a lie. But hey, it saves Argentina money so it's okay for the gov't to lie! But hey, sucks to be a lot of employees whose raises are tied to the INDEC. :rolleyes: Sorry, it's 10% so no more money for you.

REally, what does the economic crisis in the US have to do with rising inflation here? Apples and oranges. And since very few people are earning dollars here, I doubt they really care what the exchange rate is between dollars and pesos.

While the very first poster's language was a bit much IMO, I understand his incredulity. Inflation is an issue for EVERYONE here. And the official rate is a joke and everyone knows it.

But hey, maybe it's because I'm one of those middle class people that is affected. I'm sure life is blissful for everyone else:rolleyes:

SaraSara said:
Sadly, a typical response of many Argentines: shift the responsibility for the current inept government away from ourselves and our bad choices, and focus all attention on that Evil Empire, the United States.

In bad thunderstorms, a lightning rod comes very handy.

Well, you are missundertanding me.
The bad choises are done for the US goverment relation to their own citizens and their own economy. This is a fact that the "well educated" economist failed, so, why to follow their advices?
Regards

Bajo_cero2 said:
Well, you are missundertanding me.
The bad choises are done for the US goverment relation to their own citizens and their own economy. This is a fact that the "well educated" economist failed, so, why to follow their advices?
Regards

Bajo,

Many intelligent economists are wrong all over the world. That's true. But very rarely do you have situations around the world where the Economic Minister will give his opinion and then the President fire him and want to totally dominate and control the agenda. That is NOT normal in any country.

I've seen very few economists that are right 100% of the time. But I've never seen what I've seen here in Argentina with Economic Ministers and their interaction with the Executive Branch. It's broken...

And no one is saying things in the USA are going to be rosy either. Things in the USA are broken as well with an effective unemployment rate (when you factor in people that stopped looking for jobs) at 17%. States like California it's as high as 23%. The USA government lies just like the Argentina government lies. But those lies shouldn't be used to somehow justify Argentina's horrible actions and lies. A lie is a lie is a lie.

There will be many problems in the USA as well. You can't keep printing oodles and oodles of money and expect no consequences. But those prepared will be sitting in a really good position.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Pensador Expat Life 14
Brit_In_BA Expat Life 65
nlaruccia Expat Life 29
Back